Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Haze on glass (@trev)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Damo

Hi Trev

Interesting the customer mentioned about haze on the glass.

I have had this said to me about 5-10 times in the last year or so.

It always seems to be when the customer has new Windows. The first time it was said I investigated and found the Windows to be of cheap quality or they have a coating to confirm with energy ratings and it's the way they are made. If you imagine a normal window then inside that glass is a purple haze but is about 1 or 2 inches less than the size of the glass. Giving it a border inside.

I will take a real photo of my customers Windows when I next see her. But here is what they look like. Instead of being at the top. The Windows has it all over but not quite up to all the edges.

View attachment 6162

Yes our windows have a kind of "tint" about a inch inside the full diameter of the glazing, I personally think the customer in Q kind of made it up on the spot to be honest due to no doubt been skint over xmas, it was weird as the text came from the women, who I had never met, but the bloke that asked me to do them when working on a home opp was always well happy with the shiny windows.

I half expect come spring to get the tap on my shoulder from him "really sorry about the wife over the winter any chance you can start doing them again for us"….? Ermmmmm NO :laugh:

It was just a guess on the Haze. Like you say could be a total excuse in wanting to ditch you. Had some corkers over the years.

Latest Posts

Back