Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using Ubik/Virasol on frames for the first clean!

RyeCleanLiam

Hi. Been WC over 10 years started WFP about a year ago. All I've ever used on windows and frames is pure water. Just want some advice as I'm thinking of using Chems on the frames for first cleans to get them looking extra smart to impress. Just wondered does it affect the pure water when you've used chems or is it a case of a good old rinse??

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've just posted this on another thread about the same subject. On first cleans If windows/frames are pretty bad I use a splash of fairy platinum and ubik on the brush give everything a good scrub. Rinse with customers tap water then go over with pure water to finish. I find it leaves a really nice shine and makes getting the grime off easy

Use a sprayer mix 10 parts water 1 part virosol spray on leave to soak for a couple of minutes then give it a good scrub and rinse off should look good unless there is a lot of really bad black seal stains on white frames

After I heard about Ubik potentially causing staining I haven't used the brand new 5 litres I bought as i do builders cleans with coloured render and i don't want to risk staining it blue while it dwells on the frames .

After I heard about Ubik potentially causing staining I haven't used the brand new 5 litres I bought as i do builders cleans with coloured render and i don't want to risk staining it blue while it dwells on the frames .
It won't stain render or anything blue lol

What happens is it sits on plastic too long and leaves an orange patch once rinsed off..never heard of it staining anything other than upvc

I use screwfix degreaser now as i have tried most things and it is the easiest to rinse..doesn't stain anything even used neat and is stronger than ubik etc

Spray it on the worst black and green fascia and leave for 5 minutes and watch most of the dirt come off just with the water pressure of the jets

It won't stain render or anything blue lolWhat happens is it sits on plastic too long and leaves an orange patch once rinsed off..never heard of it staining anything other than upvc

I use screwfix degreaser now as i have tried most things and it is the easiest to rinse..doesn't stain anything even used neat and is stronger than ubik etc

Spray it on the worst black and green fascia and leave for 5 minutes and watch most of the dirt come off just with the water pressure of the jets
Didn't want to risk it as it can be left for over 20 minutes while I work around the house.

I have got 20 litres of Virosol in my garage at the moment, I ordered of Amazon from the chemical hut but they duplicated my order by accident so I phoned them up and told them about their mistake and they said just keep it for free. [emoji3] [emoji3]

Virosol can be the same as ubik..just mix it weak if you feel uneasy and don't let it dry out

This is the Chemical intend to use on plastics. It's biodegradable, can be diluted up to 150-1 and doesn't cause staining, pretty good stuff. Looking at getting a da Applicator or something like for my pole to apply first, leave a few mins, rinse with tap water then a good old pure water scrub and rinse.

I had problems with tfr years ago drying on glass and not being able to remove it , but never had a problem with virosol marking any surface Evan on a hot day if it dries out or not and I've used it neat on some really bad jobs just to see what happens the worst thing is it will leave clean marks on dirty concrete paths , which turned out to be a good thing as the customer then wanted me to clean the paths and drive too lol !!!!

Back