Moerman quick lock pole connection fix

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by H MAN, May 19, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

Enable you to use your Gardiner Quick-LoQ angle adapters.
    On the Moerman handle and at the same time make it easier to use by hand.

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

moerman fooked up there - odd handle size

3. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

No they know what they are doing.
    It will only fit on their cleaning tools.

4. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

It does fit on standard pole cones. I can get it gripping well on my Gardiner angle adaptor and you can jam it on a Unger tip but if you want it locked buy one of their tips. If you're using Herman's quic loc system? Then as above. ...

5. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

The idea is to not have friction connection at all.
    Makes it easy to change out/in ALL your tools with one simple connection.
    No jamming on or struggling to that your tools off poles.
    As said in video that this will make it easier to hold and use the Moerman squeegee by hand.

6. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

Also believe if they had a angle adapter on this that it would swivel better on a pole.
    Just Saying :rolleyes::specs:)

7. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to trying it on both straight connector as Bob is suggesting but also will play with it on the angle as well. I currently find with the Wag at 25 easier to use with a straight pole but I still feel more comfortable with an angle adaptor set a notch or two back similar to the angle of the original Erkenomic Tip. Have no disagreement with the quick swap out of all tools if you are committed to the Quic Loc system but I haven't gone down that path and would also not want to throw the balance of the handle out. My hands are no where near the size of yours Herman so both of the Moerman handles work well for me in hand. As always I think its important to have options. Moerman have configured their handles to fit their poles and adaptor and thats fine. We buy a Moerman Tip or as we always do adapt and use what suit us. No biggie. Also we haven't seen or used an Excelerator yet so don't know whether it's bi component size is the same or slightly smaller than their current black handle. I personally have been wanting an excuse to buy the Sorbo tip with the reducing O Rings. Not sure it would suit the Excelerator handle but hey they're not going to break the bank... :)

8. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

Regarding the Erkenomic tip.
    Looking at this video seems like Gardiners also got one by the same name??
    Is that what Gardiner call it?/

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

spinner.jpg
    know what theyre doing ? i doubt it

while on about bad design their fixed Tbar is another flawed item. where it is moulded together it spins after only a few days use . i was going to get it replaced but close inspection reveals the joint isnt pegged ,just moulded ,so theyll all do it
    my gut feeling is the tools have not been tested by proper day in day out [for WEEKS at least ] of use

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Mine doesn’t spin
    You seem to have issues with moerman now they have made the excelerator mate

Advertisement