Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How (Can) We Store Pure Water ?

S

sdrah

Hiya -

i'm in transition from trad to wfp - and i'd like to ask for some advice - i am planning to DIY a small RO system may be + a DI - to produce some pure water to get started with WFP .

My question is - can i store the water after purification - so it will be pure even after a month or so ? I mean - if i get a new 500 liter plastic container - and i'll fill it with pure water - will it be in 'pure' conditions - ready to use for window cleaning - after a certain time ?

thanks a lot

As long as the sun can't get to it ie not a see through container it will store for quite a long time.

If it is see through or opaque just paint it or keep it covered mate.

yeah - im gonna keep it in a dark shed

and to be sure the water is still in 'shape' i can run a TDS test before any cleaning i think ?! just for peace of mind ?

thanks for your help Dodger

I do. Only cover with a sheet and not completely at that, cleaned the ibc the other week and there wasa lot of gunk clung to the walls and floor, had been like it for some time but didnt seem to affect anything as far as working was concerned. There's always a few hundred litres in there.

I suppose because its got baffles built in and doesnt ned a frame ! and possible easier to strap in, when fixing into a van mount ?

Oh and the water stays useable if kept in the dark, I still have a drum thats 10 years old :rolleyes: bit pongy but still 000

I suppose because its got baffles built in and doesnt ned a frame ! and possible easier to strap in, when fixing into a van mount ?
Oh and the water stays useable if kept in the dark, I still have a drum thats 10 years old :rolleyes: bit pongy but still 000
10 years old ? wow - you should use it in 2013 - and charge twice as much cos' of the 'quality' lol

May i ask you another question : P - sorry im new to all this .

The system itself - RO & DI - better said the filters and resin etc - does they come with an expire date - so even if you dont use them , then after a 6 months or so you need to replace them ? or is all about how much water you run through the system ?

Yes the DI "sand" does go off, unless you keep it in a tightly capped large tupperware type of sealed box. RO will keep forever until you use it. If you disconnect for a period, say over winter the keep it in a sealed bag in a fridge.

Yes the DI "sand" does go off' date=' unless you keep it in a tightly capped large tupperware type of sealed box. RO will keep forever until you use it. If you disconnect for a period, say over winter the keep it in a sealed bag in a fridge.[/quote']
thanks

just tested my tap water - and the display of the TDS shows 370 - thats bad enough - isn't it ?

I hoped to get something in a range of 80 : P

Yes the DI "sand" does go off, unless you keep it in a tightly capped large tupperware type of sealed box. RO will keep forever until you use it. If you disconnect for a period, say over winter the keep it in a sealed bag in a fridge.
Didn't realise that! How long do you get wrapped in a plaggy bag in a cardboard box in a garage?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock