Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

National companies seem to be a nightmare to work for

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clisty1989

My brother in law works for a national window cleaning company and is doing some stupid hours, for example yesterday he left for derby at 4am, got back at around 7pm, then today left at 4am for torquay not due back until at least 7 tonight. This happens a lot at the moment, and theyve just been told they have to work 3 out of 4 weekends. Surely theres gotta be a law against this? Also as drivings a major part of the job is he covered by drivers hours?

Maybe he has never put a foot down and the bosses is Then bending him over and give it to him Cause he never speaks up. That happen all the time to people that never say ''enough is enough''

He wants to say something but he doesnt want to upset the status quo, hes getting time and a half over 8 hrs a day but its burning him out. If there was a legal side to it he could without causing too much trouble, hes just 'informed' his boss that 12 days is the legal maximum your allowed to work without a day off as he was supposed to be working saturdays and sundays!! Now only doing saturdays

If he is driving and not on tacho he should be limited to 60hrs a week and no more than 11 hrs a day

Also it is a legal requirement to have a minimum of 9 hours off between shifts

i think u have to sign a waiver that you accept working past a standard working week otherwise the company is breaking the law if no waiver is signed. its a few yrs ago now but i had a couple of friends who really regretted signing the waiver as they were then regularly given 5 days of 12 hour shifts

The waiver is to work more than a 48 hour week but when driving is involved as part of your paid employment (not too and from work) there are still limits in place

The 9 hrs between shifts is law no matter what you do or have signed

EU directive innit. You have to sign if your hours will exceed 48. Came in around 1999 I think.

Latest Posts

Back