Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First day knocking

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marksss

went out today for my first door knocking session after reading threads on here got my first 6 customers after knocking for bout three hours,was pooping it at first the the nerves went,cant wait to get out and do some more knocking tomorrow if defo works cold calling

I got 30 quid off Facebook today and 1 more job to do then a quote then door knocking

Can't beat it for getting work

Yes I tend to give front doors a wipe over on a regular clean as that is the first thing they notice.

However If restoration is required then I would charge extra as you do but all depends how I'm feeling on the day as customers love little extras to keep them sweet. On the other hand some might take advantage and expected it to look like new when it hasn't been done for years. That is one of the reasons why I charge extra for one-off/first cleans.

Yes I tend to give front doors a wipe over on a regular clean as that is the first thing they notice.However If restoration is required then I would charge extra as you do but all depends how I'm feeling on the day as customers love little extras to keep them sweet. On the other hand some might take advantage and expected it to look like new when it hasn't been done for years. That is one of the reasons why I charge extra for one-off/first cleans.
suppose i can quickly go over with wfp pole

You have to be very careful using a wfp on doors as some let water in. The last thing you want is a customer noticing they have a wet expensive carpet/flooring the other side of the door. You will also find that small bits of dirt will remain on the plastic too so just best to use a damp microfiber cloth for the frames and clean the glass with pure water very sparingly or trad it instead.

suppose i can quickly go over with wfp pole

Make that 5 new ones

Just over a ton in new work today

Makes me wish i spent a couple of hours door knocking every day

Not just occasionally

Was reigning it in a bit but now son wants to work i gotta get enough to give me and him a days work on saturdays

You have to be very careful using a wfp on doors as some let water in. The last thing you want is a customer noticing they have a wet expensive carpet/flooring the other side of the door. You will also find that small bits of dirt will remain on the plastic too so just best to use a damp microfiber cloth for the frames and clean the glass with pure water very sparingly or trad it instead.
ok note taken will do

Got conformation from my sister in law who works in licensing at the council that my License has been approved by the police and has to be issued to me in 28 days (from Monday pasts date) /emoticons/smile.png

It'll all systems go now to get flyers printed, equipment bought and some polo shirts printed.

I stay in a large village which has about 5 other small villages in a 6 mile radius from it. The nearest big towns are 16 miles+ away. There's a facebook group for the village which is for community info and the like.

A woman I know put a status up asking if there is a window cleaner nearby. I replied saying that I was starting up depending on wether I got the license approved or not. Anyway I replied again explaining what method I would be using and that prices would start from £10 to accommodate this.

She wants me round as soon as I'm up and running and I also got another 8 locals wanting theirs done too all from that Facebook status. I've got the local butcher gagging for me to do the shop weekly and their upstairs flat monthly.

That's me at 12 customers without having to do any canvassing yet, so happy days. Plenty of good work out there as people on here have said previously.

oh I hate work...did I mention that...but....work is the curse of the working class...back to my chair ...I feel no pain in my chair....

seriously ...cracker ...keep going ...it inspires me to appreciate..work..after all it pays the bills...well ...most of em good luck and keep us informed.

Got conformation from my sister in law who works in licensing at the council that my License has been approved by the police and has to be issued to me in 28 days (from Monday pasts date) /emoticons/smile.png
Joker.........This got me slightly confused as the only licence I ever had was a driving licence. I did a quick Google and found this.

https://www.gov.uk/permission-to-distribute-leaflets

So unless you are planning to stand in the village square and hand out leaflets why do you need a licence.

If you are placing them in letterboxes that is covered under the 'exemptions' on this page or have I been missing a trick?

wow clever stuff green...I am alright coz I deliver a magazine for a company and of course..I ..er..slip in my card....as a freebie..freebies are exempt....as they are free...

I delivered to one on saturday....and okay I saw the stickers saying no free leaflets etc...but I pushed it in anyway and of course he was out in a shot but he said cant you see the notes......I just said oh sorry I cant read...

oh life is complicated these days...

the wife said...what do you want us to lose the job?

er yes...she said why...

I said...three hours two people...er...thats around three pound an hour each...think I will move to india.....

I only do the job for one reason...to get my business out there..

Joker.........This got me slightly confused as the only licence I ever had was a driving licence. I did a quick Google and found this.https://www.gov.uk/permission-to-distribute-leaflets

So unless you are planning to stand in the village square and hand out leaflets why do you need a licence.

If you are placing them in letterboxes that is covered under the 'exemptions' on this page or have I been missing a trick?
In Scotland you need to have a license to clean windows. £222 for 3 years :ninja:

There can be severe fines if caught working without one and they're clamping down on it big time in dumfries and galloway. :whistle:

n Scotland you need to have a license to clean windows. £222 for 3 years :ninja:
There can be severe fines if caught working without one and they're clamping down on it big time in dumfries and galloway. :whistle:
I would love if they brought that into Ireland. It would get rid of all the window cleaners who are on the dole, and doing work for peanuts, and killing us guys who are legit.

Latest Posts

Back