Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tips on removing dirt from wooden frames

Sandpaper and paint brush lol, I do an old wooden conservatory and use a flock brush brings them up a bit but defo never gonna get them that clean.

Yeah know what you mean, the old wooden conservatory I do I try not to touch below the glass and sills now as the brush gets a little clogged with flakey paint.

You are fighting a losing Battle her, I do a Residential Home and about every 5 years they have the frames and sills varnished it makes the job easier when they are smooth the only way to resolve this is renovation as long as you explain that to the customer it's not a problem.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

All your your gonna do is start flaking the paint off scrubbing them. Just apply the strongest mix you can and do your best. Explain to the custy the situation they need painting.

View attachment 13549
View attachment 13550

Anyone have any advice for cleaning this kind of wooden sill? Battled with ubik diluted mix, which usually does the trick but some of it wasn't coming out. Is there any other chemical that works better on wood?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
If there not too bad a little bleach and washing up.liquid .kills the algi .. but if paint has started to flake the wood will rot so it will need painting and you can advise then to paint a 8th of an inch onto the glass this creates a seal between the glass and the wood so it last longer .

Back