more quotes and jobs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by daveyboy, Oct 26, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Did a new customer this morning
    She posted on the local community Facebook page what a good job i did
    I post on there now and again and did so yesterday and get the odd job from it
    She posted a good review on there and since about 11am i now have 6 quotes left to do and 3 new jobs arranged by private message
    My easy Wednesday is gradually dissapearing

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Nice one daveyboy. I've had loads of custies approaching me recently as another windy has stopped working because of depression. I know the fella, so phoned him and he tells me he's not coming back. This puts me in an awkward position as myself, and Danny who works for me are overloaded. Don't really want to employ anyone else, as I'm settled nicely now. Mmmmm

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Usually this time of year it tends to slow a bit but i have been inundated with new work and enquiries. .especially full conny and fascia cleans which then lead to regular windows
    Maybe it's people getting ready for xmas parties and family etc
    I dunjo whatbit is but I'm not complaining. .just be nice to have some time to myself

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Jacob

Jacob Guest

if i compare the spring and the autumn they are both very busy, summer a bit slower and Winter i dont know this is my first as selfemployed.

Nice getting that many quotes of a FB review Davey :thumbsup:

5. TolishAPurd

Well done mate that's a result. I really should tap into that as it would be good to have a live stream on my site, apparently its good for SEO.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Can't hurt to try

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

This was my last quote from that post
    Never usually struggle to quote bit this is a pain for me to do as i can't think of a good figure
    Wants all upvc fascias windows outside but not gutters as they have been cleared
    Full length conny at back plus extra window on the extension and a fascia and extra 2 above garage at front inc another fascia
    Any ideas??

Attached Files:

8. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

I'm in a similar boat, shouldn't really take on any more but every time I do the round at least two new customers ask me to add them to the round and now it's too big for a part time number....I believe at least one window cleaner has jacked in the village....I need to make a decision, go full time cleaning (hourly rate is better than my full time number) or sell the village round and build another round in the town I live in.

9. TolishAPurd

Depends what its worth to you mate. Sounds like a one off job, I reckon you could easily get it for £120 but £150 would be nice. Then, when you get off early you can put your feet up for the day.

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Danfire it's a tricky one as the fire service is a rewarding job
    I know my mum and colleagues found that

Advertisement