Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I am new to the forums! Look what I offer :-)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

superclear

Hiya fellow window cleaners /emoticons/smile.png

Im Ricky and I run Super Clear Windows, baaed in Essex. This is my 4th year of cleaning and my 5th year of canvassing
/emoticons/smile.png

I converted to the water fed pole January 2014 (I couldn't take anymore of the cold) and I haven't looked back, I lost a few customers, probably about 5%, but with all the extra time I gained I soon replaced them with more work.

I currently buy my water from PolarBrite (01376 564096) and will be starting a forum in the future to see where others get their water (Im especially interesting in where cleaners get theirs in the Bury area and also around South Woodham Ferrers as I have recently purchased work around there)

I dont know if people can follow me but if you can and your interested in buying a lump sum of work in your area this year follow me!!!

Once or twice a year I like to canvass for a cleaner somewhere else in the UK in order to gain a lump sum of money (this usually pays a chunk off my holiday)

I take a team of 4/5 canvassers anywhere work is required. The cleaner books a bed n breakfast (2canvassers to a room) prior to our arrival and pays fuel costs as we arrive. We canvass the area solid for 5days/4nights for x3 the value of monthly work (approx £800-£1000)

We get the customer to sign an agreement stating they agree to a minimum of 2cleans, 99% of people continue to have their windows cleaned after this agreement, we only do it to see if the customer is serious, if we don't think they are we don't pass their information onto the cleaner.

At the end of the week we hand over all the signed agreements and the cleaner pays us for our services :)

This is ideal for people starting up or for those looking to make the leap and employ another cleaner but need enough work to garentee the hours :)

I hope this introduction gets read and I forward to hearing from my fellow trades people :) :) :)

Signing your so-called 'agreement' means nothing mate.....FACT!

Why purchase work in the Bury and South Woodham Ferrers areas if your such a good canvasser.

Why advertise with a telephone number of where you supposedly 'buy' your water from and why are you starting a Forum.

....and this comment of yours.....

Once or twice a year I like to canvass for a cleaner somewhere else in the UK in order to gain a lump sum of money (this usually pays a chunk off my holiday)

....is total :turd:.....infact, your post as a whole stinks of so much :turd::turd::turd:, I have to go out and get some fresh air!

Count me out what a waste of a minute that was ! Great way to advertise what your doing by saying what bingo quoted [emoji40]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bert-stare-o.gif

Wow what a response lol. Well I put the number of polarbrite on here jyst as information for anyone that might want it, I have nothing to do with polarbrite in anyway shape or form, if you see the size of polarbrite you would believe me!!!

As for the work in Bury and South Woodham Ferrers, I got this work recently when I bought a local window cleaners round off of him along with his Braintree Colchester Witham work, these r all local to polarbrite so I can get my water there to clean these areas.

As for saying that me canvassing for other cleaners is poo!!! Well tbh thats just rude, this site advertises that its members are 'friendly and like to help' all bingo has done is try shooting me down but for wjat reason I dont know. Yea the agreement would mean nothintoin court but that's not its purpose, its purpose is to make sure the person signing is serious about having a Window Cleaner!!!

Bingo might of had a good go shooting me down and the rest of you jumped on the bandwagon backing ur wap buddy and thats fine because I know and so do a lot of other window cleaners know that I am a good canvasser that gains and sells good quality well priced work every now and then!

I hope that none of the above reply to this as I didn't start this forum for a load of ***** replies, this was an introduction to me, if you not got something nice to say why bother saying anything at all??

Hi @superclear, welcome to the forum. I think in general on forums people will always react quite negatively to anything they perceive to be overly 'salesy'.

The members I've come across here are certainly friendly, and a lot more so than many other forums! Best of luck with it all, Ricky /emoticons/smile.png

Thank you both @Simply Business and @Smurf, its nice to know that some people are helpful and supportive. I do understand @Bingo giving me a good grilling, after all I am new here and might have been a bit foward when introducing (selling) myself, but I was shocked by the wording, after all no one likes being told that they r s**t at what they do!

I would like to say that I am not currently looking to canvass for anyone else right now, I will do in the summer holidays (best time to canvass) but until then I am busy, just mentioned it in my introduction :)

In general we are a friendly bunch on here. To be honest there was no need from some members to reply that way. However being it was your very first post which sounded like you where taking advantage of the forum to promote yourself and the services that you offer.

If you want to advertise then best you contact @Gav the site owner as then at a small fee you will be allowed to promote your services. Then in doing so ppl should not get the hump as then you will be registered as a supplier and paid your dues so to speak.

Hope this helps?

Sorry @superclear i assumed you were one of many spammers and salespeople who take advantage of this forum

No offence meant if you are genuinely here to join in like the rest of us

Is your mate solar steve?

Near enough all of the windys on here make there own pure water.

Can you tell us there prices?

As for canvassing every one has there own methods but we all go out and knock doors. If I had a team come to my house calling about anything from charity to roofing let alone window cleaning I'd think it was a scam

what do u drive superclear? might see you around if you work in colchester . are you working south side of town or where ?

Everyone is a friendly bunch, you just got off on the wrong foot. It is quite frowned upon for people to just come on an their first posts are advertising.

I always say image the forum being a pub. Were all chatting away and suddenly someone dives in the middle of your conversation saying hey buy this, go here, their great etc. If someone did that to you in the pub im pretty sure most would not take to kindly to it. /emoticons/wink.png

Best just to say hello and introduce yourself without advertising etc

Get to know people etc

Thanks @Smurf u have been a real help /emoticons/smile.png I definitely will be contacting @Gav in the not so distant future to discuss advertising canvassing services on here but right now I just want to say hi and see how others are getting on!

@Gav I take my hat off to you! You really have created a site that is like a community, thank you :)

So you charge 3x plus fuel costs and cleaner has to book a room?

Seems a bit steep mate but if u can get it best of look to you

what do u drive superclear? might see you around if you work in colchester . are you working south side of town or where ?
As crazy as it sounds I dont drive lol, but I am learning! I employ a lad that drives us around but before him I use to put out 25litre drums the night before with my gf and then walk around with a trolley system the next day, I would only work 1 estate a day but made sure I had 20/25 jobs on that estate! Before I had the wfp and trolley I walked around with a ladder but in the winter was so cold that I became demotivated and started to hate my job :-( I should have learnt to drive then but didnt think I could 1,afford to drive with the running costs of a motor and insurance etc and 2, have time to learn to drive, looking back I wish I made time!!

At the moment we r running 2 trolley systems that we squeeze into the back of a 206 with 8barrels of water but I have got a van lined up thanks to the window cleaner I bought the work off recently :)

Im all over colchester @boarcity its not ideal really but the guy I bougjt it off was a self proclaimed procrastinator and so was happy to have 8 jobs on each estate (sone days he would clean the 8 and go home!) So now ive set myself the major task of building up each estate to around 20jobs or so. The areas are new town, the barracks, copford and Stanway :)

Latest Posts

Back