Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moss removal off of canvas umbrellas

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JFA

Hi bit of advice needed

A commercial window customer of mine has three cream umbrellas with moss on, and has asked me if I can remove the moss and protect.

just wondered if anyone has removed moss off of canvas outdoor umbrellas before
Or knows the best method and or what if any chemicals can be used?

I’m dubious and not experienced enough with moss removal chemicals, like biocide etc
As most seem to state hard surfaces only
And I don’t want to destroy or stain the surfaces

All advice greatly appreciated
Actually positive advice only ;)

Thanks

Hi bit of advice needed

A commercial window customer of mine has three cream umbrellas with moss on, and has asked me if I can remove the moss and protect.

I’m dubious and not experienced enough with moss removal chemicals, like biocide etc

Thanks

Not sure if a professional car valeter would have a better idea with doing soft tops on convertible cars

Hi bit of advice needed

Thanks
We do a big canvas sail on a hotel every year we softwashing it don’t have any after pictures as I forgot to get one ??, we wet it down with tap water then brush a weak hypo mix into it leave it for 45 muinits then give it a good blast with garden hose , I was a bit worried about the hypo rotting the canvass but the hotel were prepared to accept the risk , it had green algae, licken and a bit of moss on it now it’s done each year it’s not a difficult job first clean was a major time consuming Paine .you can see the test patch on the one picture .

Attachments

• 6C542F9A-8220-41EE-923A-4C60BB0AECF2.png
    6C542F9A-8220-41EE-923A-4C60BB0AECF2.png
    979.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 0775D1CE-7B10-4CDE-9EC3-D7BF8E5A79E0.png
    0775D1CE-7B10-4CDE-9EC3-D7BF8E5A79E0.png
    1 MB · Views: 14
I was spraying Q-Clear today on a 40yr roof with plenty of moss on it. Hot sunny day was perfect for it. After spraying both sides we stood back (customer and I) and noticed the green moss had begun to change colour to a golden colour. Meaning the cells in the plant had begun to break down. Don't think it would be any good for awnings though.

Back