Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I want a big squeegee .

WCF

Help Support WCF:

be good to hear your opinion on the scrim. i quite recently bought unger scrim ,from a different shop, and i cant bleve how bad it is . featherlight and even tho iv broken it in its not absorbant.

good choice on the Ettore t bar by the way . i used to have 2 of those ,in a fetching blue colour , they took a lot of punishment from my workers .

TBH boar, I saw your other post, and I'm as confused as you on the scrims. Every scrim I've ever bought has been different. I had 3 turn up just yesterday, and even they were different to anything I've bought before. My favourite are the 'unger prewashed' which were a very light grey, but the ones (by the same name) that turned up yesterday were more of a brown.:confused:

I like those ettore handles too. My 14 and 10 are the same. The handles are a lot longer then most so you don't get your hand/wrist wet all the time. The rubber grip is wearing on my 14, but apart from that, I think it will go on forever.

I can't wait to try out the big squeegee, thanks for the recommendation. :thumbsup:

excluding v,a,t makes me :mad:they all seem to do it
Yep, makes everything seem dirt cheap, until you add vat and delivery. Some nice toys to play with though- should keep me happy for at least a month./emoticons/smile.png

I just ordered a swiveloc 30° handle and 14" channel

Wanna see what difference the swivel makes

Love the 0° one

I use the 0 for pole work.but will try the 30° for normal use

Best thing I ever bought the 0°

I do above connys etc by leaning ladder on it and fanning with the pole the quick wipe edges with microfibre

I get custys saying quote me..I know you can't reach that one up there"wanna bet"

They have a look after and well impressed

Spent a lot of money today./emoticons/smile.png

I ordered a load of the stuff above, but also bought popped into a few local cleaning supplies shops. I picked up a new bucket- this one cost the same, but there is no comparison in quality. Also got the pulex handle- very impressed with the quality. The plastic is really thick, all the components look built to last,-can't believe how cheap it was- and the aluminium channels will be arriving tomorrow- 24" and 30". Not sure if the 30" is a bit silly, but if it doesn't work I'll cut it down to make some other in between sizes. Got an unger green handle and a couple of 18in channels, one of which will be cut down. Also picked up a 6in applicator- I've got a lot of small georgian windows and I've wanted one of these for ages. ...And I also picked up a proper microfiber cloth to see what the fuss is about.

A good day shopping since I got rained off the outdoor handyman job (rotivating) I had planned.

I hacksawed an old ally t bar and cut old applicator to fit then sowed it with some 30lb fishing line only about 4 inch now but a dream on georgians

I hacksawed an old ally t bar and cut old applicator to fit then sowed it with some 30lb fishing line only about 4 inch now but a dream on georgians
Nice idea mate, I didn't think of doing that. :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to giving the micro a whirl. It feels good quality, it was pretty much exactly the same as the unger light green ones, but no name.

Call that a squeegee???? That's not a squeegee. THIS is a Squeegee!!!!

Introducing the new big boys;

Unger Ergotec 18inch

Pulex Alumax super channel 30"

Pulex Alumax super channel and handle 24"

ahhh nice pose by the doggy...crocodile tolish...yeh that is a big un....now you have to find some big windows..

me just loves it when the squeegee just fits the size of the window...easy peasy straight down.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Yep, can't wait mate. I have a few big windows on my round that I'll make the extra effort to get the big squeegee out on. I don't want to look a tit when I do my first commercial job.

You just need to angle the ends and dogear it now;)
I never got into the dogearing thing. I might try it out on my unger 18 and see how I get on. Does it really make much of a difference?

think i read somewhere that the alumax channel is made of aircraft alloy. not many aluminium squeegee channels use aircraft alloy that i do know , it is the best quality u can get

I never got into the dogearing thing. I might try it out on my unger 18 and see how I get on. Does it really make much of a difference?
Yes :thumbsup:

Sorry, but had to see what you lot in the dark ages are up to....

*legs it* :laugh:

I don't dogear like most..dont hacksaw a cut in the channel..utube polzn bladz I do it like that and it makes a big difference

Back