Motivation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by DoubleACleaningServices, Jan 27, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Im fairly new to this window cleaning stuff, i only started out in October last year.
    when i first started i was canvassing every day and getting good results until it started to get very cold then people became much less impressed with me knocking there door.

When is the right time to start again as i keep putting it off at the moment and just hand out business cards in the day time.

Is anyone else canvassing now? how are you getting on with it being dark and cold?

Any inspiration would be much appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

I canvass every single saturday 10am til 5pm without fail. I print off maps of the surrounding areas / all the streets, and highlight them when I'm done.

Its hard work but if you wan't your business to succeed you will be rewarded in the end. Self motivation if the most important thing.

When doing this I hand out business cards to anyone who is interested or anyone I sign up.

James.

3. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Think being your own boss in any business, its hard to keep motivated - but I remind myself of all the benefits, no one breathing down your neck, etc etc, I dont think I could go back to working for somebody else.

4. James

James Guru

+1 for that Catherine, I couldn't work for anyone else now!

James.

5. chip

chip Guru

6. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Wish the government would invest a little money into new businesses - that would be a great help. Help new business, because they are going to be the employers in the future. Bit of financial incentive would be good for people starting up

7. chip

chip Guru

government? help? where can i get a ticket to that planet? :(

8. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Hold on, theres a queue

9. chip

chip Guru

when the politicians said "we're in this together" they were referring to their fingers being in the till!

Advertisement