Moving To Ireland To Start/buy Round

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Dominic Bond, Feb 14, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Dominic Bond

Dominic Bond Newcomer

I formerly lived in Ireland from 1998 to 2003 and had a successful round in Dundalk for four year and also cleaned windows in Nenagh for one year.

In 2003 I returned to the UK. Later I travelled around Latin America and recently married my beautiful Pervian wife. Since it is very hard to get a visa for her to live in the UK and also since Ireland is a nice family friendly place I am moving back to Ireland! Since we are in very different enconomic times I dont know the current state of play. I may possibly look to move to Waterford, but if there is a town lacking window cleaners I would consider moving there. Also I would consider buying a round.

If anyone has any ideas for my circumstance or even a round for sale please reply.

Many thanks!

Dominic

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Welcome to the site Dominic. ;)

3. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

You've got mail Dominic!

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

welcome to the forum bud

5. mark m

mark m Hero

Welcome to the forum and good luck in your new venture

6. harunh

harunh Legend

Welcome to the forum matee

7. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Welcome to the forum!!

There was a guy selling work down south here not very long ago..

Anyone remember who it was? It was a big round

8. John B

John B Active Member

Hi Dominic, and welcome to the forum.

I am in Kerry, having moved here in July 2011 from England for family reasons. I had a decent run in England which I had built up over the course of 14 years. A week after arriving here in Ireland I started canvassing, and 18 months later I am beginning to establish myself in my local area (Tralee and outlying villages).

I was told that I would find it tough going (they were right!) but with enough determination it is still possible to build up enough work, even in the current economic climate.

I wish you all the very best, and look forward to reading your experiences.

John

9. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

Its a different ball game in Ireland - a lot less people want a "regular" window clean every 4 or 6 weeks - many of my regular customers are only 4 times a year, and a big chunk of my work is one-offs or irregular work. I have people who call me every year to do a big clean (gutters, footpaths, windows etc) and some who call me every couple of months -but don't want to be on a regular route, they just call me when they need me.

I just learned to accept it,.. charge more for one-offs & irregular cleans. Because of this it does take much longer to build a decent round in Ireland than it does in the UK.

10. chip

chip Guru

Wow! We have it good over here!

Advertisement