Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Written agreement/contract

WCF

Help Support WCF:

shazzy692002

Hi Guys. Has anyone got a written agreement or contract for there workers. Is so anychance I can copy it please.

I am getting a better van soon and want that and my equipment protected from being mis-used. As at the moment I know the guy that works for me have no respect for my gear....any help appreciated.

Let him drive your old van about using old brodex crappy poles etc then if he has no respect for your kit.

you have to have firm word shaz your working hard at your business plan

had same could here my mate dropping my new 25ft slx took him a side explained the cost of all the gear

he ended up getting red card unfortunately he was light fingered the ****

you have to have firm word shaz your working hard at your business planhad same could here my mate dropping my new 25ft slx took him a side explained the cost of all the gear

he ended up getting red card unfortunately he was light fingered the ****
Haha, yes I know that feeling...my guy leant the pole over a railway fence.......yes a train did come by and yes it was my 28ft slx. plus he also been been doing jobs on the side.....not red carded yet. but I did tell him next time it will be a police matter.

Hello Mate,

come down with a firm hand..bring them all in and draw up a parts list of all your equipment and have an inspection report at the end of every week that they sign off..

possibly have a team leader in force the inspections. .

If they keep breaking equipment..warnings must be given out ..1.verbal 2 written.3 find another job lol.

Respect is earned mate..you've worked hard for what you have ..Tell them in uncertain terms..

If this is the only guy working for you I'd get rid personally , if you have more than one then me myself I'd choose the most sensible and pay him £30 more a week than the other guy and for that he is responsible for equipment and van upkeep and he will get extra every week for doing a good job , however things do break and accidents do happen and wear and tear is always a problem , good luck I've been where you are before and it's not nice as it's constantly on your mind

Hi Guys. Has anyone got a written agreement or contract for there workers. Is so anychance I can copy it please.
I am getting a better van soon and want that and my equipment protected from being mis-used. As at the moment I know the guy that works for me have no respect for my gear....any help appreciated.

Hi Shazzy, I will be interested to see if you can get a written agreement for what you are asking for (protection of van & equipment) from an employee, I thought your insurance would have covered you this type of mishap.

Hi Shazzy, I will be interested to see if you can get a written agreement for what you are asking for (protection of van & equipment) from an employee, I thought your insurance would have covered you this type of mishap.
Yeah but I was thinking it was negligence? lack of respect etc...I have liability ins for other peoples property....I really don't no....its more like a agreement between your self and the person that is working for "cash in hand" maybe?

I do understand your concerns, maybe do what the other has mentioned, don’t let him near you livelihood. Maybe look for a more suitable candidate.

Insurance companies are notorious for paying out late, could you afford not to be with van & equipment for any length of time? As for enforcing a contract that could even take longer, even if you had the grounds for a case and easily win, you could be looking a years before you got any payment.

In your situation shaz one thing you could try is telling your guys you want your van treated like they paid for it and you want your equipment respected , Monday morning I'd have the back of the van sorted and tidy have the hoses would up and neat and when they arrive for work tell them that's how you want the returned to you aswell the front the same so rubbish and tidy, show them how to handle poles how you expect them too, show them how to remove from van and how to return them with Care , give then a month to see if they can book there ideas up even offer a raise if they can do this , if they show they can't respect your van and equipment they won't be respecting customers property I'd get rid

Might be a good idea to get some sort of agreement in writing as a verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on. :thumbsdown:

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your situation - sounds stressful to say the least! With regards to cover for your business equipment, as Richard said, it can take a while before a pay-out.

However, there is something called business interruption cover, i.e. if your business incurs additional cost to carry on trading because of damage to your equipment, or if you lose revenue because of it.

This is a more immediate type of cover that pays out quickly to keep you trading.

This obviously doesn't solve the problem of clumsy/negligent employees but I hope it helps a little!

Good luck either way!

I still say slap him upside his head and tell him to sort his life out or he's gone

Yeah pisses me off man. people like that no respect for their employer. do what what daveboy1 says, the good old Spanish archer. I come on here looking for work and when i hear that kind of Sh** going down makes me angry.

Don't deliberate just sack the ******, many people out there looking for work, get a new worker, tell them straight from the outset what standards you expect, put them on three to six month trial/probation if they measure up all good if not keep looking till you find the right worker. Don't know if you are intimidated by them if so, get some muscle to sort it for you.

Yeah pisses me off man. people like that no respect for their employer. do what what daveboy1 says, the good old Spanish archer. I come on here looking for work and when i hear that kind of Sh** going down makes me angry.
Don't deliberate just sack the ******, many people out there looking for work, get a new worker, tell them straight from the outset what standards you expect, put them on three to six month trial/probation if they measure up all good if not keep looking till you find the right worker. Don't know if you are intimidated by them if so, get some muscle to sort it for you.
I am more intimidating haha...I did advertise for someone, got about 3 cvs.....they were all ok......my problem is, I pay my guy a good wage. he gets 50% of what he earns...BUT if he does a small £5 house and it takes me 3 attempts to get the money, I really don't earn from it......he normally earns £200 so its £100 each, the good thing is he covers all my holidays he takes the van fills it up. I really don't have to worry much.......But he does not respect my stuff, he has been caught doing "extra" jobs for customers and not declaring to me......

I have written a agreement out which he does not know about yet, but it states he covers all cost of breakages I cover wear and tear, he collects from all customers where he has cleaned.....etc.....not sure if to use it yet....

I do pay for everything at the moment, insurances /fuel everything.....so he has got a bloody good deal....

Back