Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Written agreement/contract

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If he works 2 days a week say 10 hours total for you to earn £100 then to be honest I'm not surprised at all he is not bothered that much about your kit or not declaring other work he does.

It's obviously suite him the hours he works as has been with you for a while but will still rip you off in a heartbeat if he can make more on the side. If the chap has sussed it out he don't need to use you pure water either on conny plastic roofs & fascia work etc if the customer has an outside tap. He could also be using his on transport and kit too on other jobs he gains from your customers and picks up whilst working for you for all you know too.

I think you should ask yourself would you work for that small amount knowing how much you could earn on your own.

Myself I would not trust an employee to work on their own in this game no matter how much I paid them.

If he works 2 days a week say 10 hours total for you to earn £100 then to be honest I'm not surprised at all he is not bothered that much about your kit or not declaring other work he does.
It's obviously suite him the hours he works as has been with you for a while but will still rip you off in a heartbeat if he can make more on the side. If the chap has sussed it out he don't need to use you pure water either on conny plastic roofs & fascia work etc if the customer has an outside tap. He could also be using his on transport and kit too on other jobs he gains from your customers and picks up whilst working for you for all you know too.

I think you should ask yourself would you work for that small amount knowing how much you could earn on your own.

Myself I would not trust an employee to work on their own in this game no matter how much I paid them.
He earns £100 a day!! for 5 hours work, that's more than his mrs who works in a bank. Actually how many people on here has partner's that are on £20 a hour.....none I expect.

He had 1st refusal to buy this business, he turned it down.

100 a day not to be sniffed at for them hours shazzy when i was working as a skilled plasterer doing big ceilings etc i was only just making that for 8 hour day **** money for what i was doing still do the odd jobs but better money cos got windows to fall back on lol

5 hrs for a ton..not bad for someone who doesn't have the grief of running the show

Why are you thinking of selling up then shazzy?

He earns £100 a day!! for 5 hours work, that's more than his mrs who works in a bank. Actually how many people on here has partner's that are on £20 a hour.....none I expect.He had 1st refusal to buy this business, he turned it down.

Like I said before I would not trust any employee that worked on their own if it was me in this game as they will rob you blind given a chance.

It depends on what sort of employee

I subbed work off a guy who had a big company who expected me to only work for him even though i used all my own gear

I told him to jog on if he thought that would happen

If you are a proper employee still nothing to stop you doing pj's but not with employers tools or that takes the p1ss

Like I said before I would not trust any employee that worked on their own if it was me in this game as they will rob you blind given a chance.
I would never rob off anyone. But I know what your saying.....not everyone is as honest as some....but you would think people would be gratefull for that kind of money

Maybe say to him that he can't have the use of the van anymore as it's costing too much to insure and that he has to trad the work he does for you, using his own gear and vehicle? Also, that he will have to do his own collecting.

I agree with Smurf about trusting employees, too much hassle.

Maybe say to him that he can't have the use of the van anymore as it's costing too much to insure and that he has to trad the work he does for you, using his own gear and vehicle? Also, that he will have to do his own collecting.
I agree with Smurf about trusting employees, too much hassle.
If he isn't happy with using his own tools and vehicle, I'd think about giving him a lesser cut myself. 50/50 sounds too much.

The guy i subbed off had 10 employees and he paid them a tenner an hour but they had to do £20 an hour of work

I subbed and only gave him 20% value of the work i did but i covered all his staffs holidays sick etc.

Difference was i supplied tools for whatever method I chose but he supplied ladders etc for his staff

But excessive damage etc was replaced by staff not him if not due to wear and tear

Latest Posts

Back