Mr grumpy the windowcleaner...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by cheapncheerful, Jul 19, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. cheapncheerful

just had a new job phoned in....had a little chat as you do...and then she said..

.i just phoned this other window cleaner and he was so rude....he went on about how he didn't like time wasters and acted as if he just didn't want to clean my windows..... oh dear mr grumpy window cleaner...i have heard your name...tut tut tut...ahh well cheapncheerful will live up to his name and save the day...mentioned i had gutters to clean....and she says...oh do you do that.....oh dear mr grumpy you're on a loser now....:D

Advertisement
  2. abs

abs Guru

Good for you m8, don't cost anything to be nice to folk

3. TolishAPurd

It pays to be courteous in this game. The people like that just make customers appreciate us more when they find us. GJ mate.

4. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Its essential to be courteous and nice in this line of work. Once people like and trust you then they will ask you to do extra jobs, recommend you to friends and neighbours....and ply you with cake and tea.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Depends how I'm spoken to as works both ways you know. If ppl rub me up the wrong way then I can turn into the incredible smurf and tell them to do one :D

6. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Very true.
    I had a guy swearing and shouting at me because I was chatting to his gardener. I packed up my kit, reeled in the hose and drove away. £40 job or not, I'm not taking grief from anyone.

His wife however rang me a few weeks later to find out where I was and was disgusted to hear what he had said. After a long conversation I agreed to return them to my round and accepted his apology. :D

7. PureClearYork

PureClearYork Member

Like the ones who seem to think they are doing you some massive favour by providing you with work, and treat you like some lower form of life.........they get advised to look elsewhere to get the job done. Don't need customers like that, there are plenty of decent ones out there and if you do a good job they will be with you a long time.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

My grumpy customer's and his wife tried to explain his behaviour away by telling me he was an Ex Company Sergeant Major and he sometimes forgets he has retired from the Army.

Should have seen his smile drop when I pointed out that I hold a Queen's Commission and had never had a Sarnt Major swear at me before. :rofl:

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would have been very tempted to say something like "if you ever sware at me again I will shove your pace stick up where the sun don't shine" but that's just me :D

10. cheapncheerful

one thing to remember, apart from mrtaytay and his tea and cakes, is that every customer has numerous other possible leads to jobs in the area from relatives neighbours and friends....in my early days....one such custy just pulled up on a road as i was cleaning and got me my favorite area...in fact she turned out to be one of my favorite custys and she always treated me so well...and them hotpants..oh sorry veering off again...memories...:rolleyes:

Advertisement