Mrs barterer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Tuffers, Sep 25, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Mrs Barterer :ninja: came out while I was doing a first clean next door today. "How much?" Hang on, I'll just finish this one and I'll take a look. Well it's leaded in really old pvc frames at the front and really old pvc normal windows at the back. I added the barterer tax on and said £30 every 8 weeks. "Oh" she says, "that's more than the other window cleaner quoted." How much did he quote I ask. "£25 and he would be using ladders" she says. He'll be here all day off ladders I say. "I don't want to barter, but can you do them today for £25" she asks. £30 I say. "I'll leave it" she says. No problem I say and off to my next job. Why hasn't the trad guy done them yet I wonder? :rolleyes:

New Tuffers policy, don't barter with a barterer. Mrs Yip round the corner on the other hand was more than happy to pay me handsomely to do a first clean in and out.

Advertisement
  2. norm

norm Grand Master

yip pee :thumbsup:

3. andy w

andy w Well-Known Member

Stand your ground, she will come round to your pricing soon :thumbsup:

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Tbh, I'm not that arsed about getting it as :ninja: are usually a PITA anyway

5. seye

seye Forum Addict

Na not worth bartering to get a job, price is the price otherwise the job will be a chore every time its due done and eventually be given up, right to stand your ground I'd say.

Advertisement