Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Running low on water :)

heyoh

20150430_164539.jpg

First time I had to use bricks HAHA to be honest the extra couple centimeters only gave me enough water to finish the last window on the house /emoticons/smile.png

Anyone else parks on curbs when running low on water? o_O:laugh:

**If you're not getting it: the outlet is on the left side on my tank...

I've not yet had to do that myself but still a smart way to get the most out of the tank. :thumbsup:

I'm also aware that some if they know they are running low of pure will just wfp tops and trad bottoms instead if they have to. That is if they can't produce pure on demand or top up the tank on site to finish off a day’s work.

Some also with smaller tanks if working local pop back to base during the day to refill the tank if they have a static system at home with large holding tanks.

I operate in a hard water are so have no real choice but to use a ro/di system which takes much longer in general to produce pure. However for the lucky ones with really soft water they can top up the tank from anywhere with an outside tap when using di only.

There is a lot to be said for also having the capability as already mentioned to be able to produce pure water on demand in a hard water area from either a ro/di trolley purposely built for the task or using a 4040 ro/di van mount instead just by hooking them up to an outside tap especially if needing more pure water than the tank can physically hold.

Thanks @Smurf - that was quite a @spruce comment /emoticons/smile.png

Yes there are some ways to save water, like scrub top half of patio doors, rinse top half, then scrub bottom half with water shut off, then rinse bottom half /emoticons/wink.png same with windows.

Or just trad them instead as would be quicker and save more water /emoticons/biggrin.png

Thanks @Smurf - that was quite a @spruce comment /emoticons/smile.pngYes there are some ways to save water, like scrub top half of patio doors, rinse top half, then scrub bottom half with water shut off, then rinse bottom half /emoticons/wink.png same with windows.

now we are on heating oil and I have done it with that...

just made it today...all gone now...125 litres last of the big wfp ers../emoticons/biggrin.png

it doesnt end when you get on the drive....take in all the wet scrims and dirty micros...

take in all the empty barrels and the backpack

take my ladders off...

but..still...its friday...and SOME of us have booze..he he he.../emoticons/biggrin.png

great idea though...

I spent my money on a liquidator so have no money left to buy me booze /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back