Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help With Traditional Cleaning Please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Got a £18.00 one off job for insides and outsides to be done this sunday as shes moving house so she wanted her house cleaning good.

I just bought this for cleaning insides traditional.

http://www.tesco.com...isions_215-1684

And i also bought a squeege and bucket

In the bucket i mix water and liquid

The bottom right of the picture i use to clean the window i soak the window up with all liquid and give it a good clean.... then i squeege it off

Any water that is left on the sills i just wipe it down with a towel.

When i clean i will put a towel on the floor just to make sure nothing goes on the floor

is this okay ? is this how it should be done lads ? thankyou

Buy better because you'll use it again H and ya don't want to buy new kit every other week mate. All you needed was a couple of cloths/microfibres for frame/sill, an applicator. squeegee, channels and a scrim/microfibre for detailing. Oh and a bucket/sprayer.

Oh and if you've not practised fanning technique straight pull with the squeegee, it takes a bit of practise does that.

Got no cash to buy quality so just started off cheap,

I dont need an applicator i am just going to use that one what u can see in the photo FOR THE TIME BEING lol aslong as it cleans the glass /emoticons/tongue.png

-----

Im going to buy a towel and microfibre cloth now and ill be on my way /emoticons/smile.png and its hard to squeege !

Jeez H you gonna lose ya virginity lol .

Seriously H wtf were you thinking buying that gear ????? you need to buy a half decent set up lad and it will last you forever at those rates lol .

My kit cost me £30.00 from the cleaning warehouse and i have earned that maybe 20x over now .

Ok go to wilkos, get their window cleaning kit. Throw everything else in the bin except the applicator and 2 sleeves, will cost you a fiver.

I bought one when practising when started and still use it on the worst first cleans. I do put foam in it though.

I dont need an applicator i am just going to use that one what u can see in the photo FOR THE TIME BEING lol aslong as it cleans the glass /emoticons/tongue.png
Of course ya need an applicator you will be there forever trying to clean windows with that effort .

get an applicator buy quality dont buy twice .

I will have to do this when i get more insides to clean but this is only a 1 off lads /emoticons/tongue.png lol im not going to trad at all... just insides.... and its a 1 off so dont worry /emoticons/tongue.png

I am not goign to put water in bucket... im goign to get a bottle with water and liquid in it... and just spray it on the window /emoticons/smile.png then give it a good scrub then squeege it off and do a bit of detailing if needed

I will have to do this when i get more insides to clean but this is only a 1 off lads /emoticons/tongue.png lol im not going to trad at all... just insides.... and its a 1 off so dont worry /emoticons/tongue.png

I am not goign to put water in bucket... im goign to get a bottle with water and liquid in it... and just spray it on the window /emoticons/smile.png then give it a good scrub then squeege it off and do a bit of detailing if needed
More or less exactly what I do H, just with an applicator. I don't use a bucket.

Okay so Dodger you just spray on the window.... and instead of using that tesco thing i use... u have applicator and do the same as me mate? lol

Yeah mate, I've done it that way from day one and it works great for me. I keep a couple of gallons made up in car but can do good few houses on one litre in unger sprayer on a belt. Just give applicator a good squirt when start day or change it and its good for day. I prefer to spray onto applicator most of time as wind can blow it in your eyes.

I mean a good squirt to get it nice and damp then keep it that way with sprayer every couple windows or so.

Big H you haven't listened to a word anyone said. DON'T BUY RUBBISH. Bet yer squeegee. Was from tescos to. That a be ****. You spent yet money on fancy this & fancy that & you haven't got the basics. To much spent on fancy dan stuff before the basics. It's not a criticism mate we all want yer to do well but you put a post on ere a while ago about what should you get and you've done the exact opposite. Yes you want an applicator. Plastic shoe covers. As said straight or horizontal strokes. You turn up with that lot yer look like one of them door to door salesman. On the wilko bit that's a good idea & to be honest if you change the rubber in the squeegee it's not the best but it's better then tescos. I know some won't agree with me on some of this but if you listen to all of us yer halfway there.

Im goign to go to wilkos then... they will definately have an applicator right ?

so ill jsut spray on the applicator then give the windows a good scrub then squeege it off, then i can do a bit of detailing and thats job done /emoticons/smile.png

They sell a kit for a fiver. You get a pole a squeegee an applicator & 2 sleeves. Dodgers idea with the bottles is good for insides. That's it mate. Yet prob get away with a microfiber cloth for yer detailing. Be warned my friend it's easier said then done.

Yeah mate, I've done it that way from day one and it works great for me. I keep a couple of gallons made up in car but can do good few houses on one litre in unger sprayer on a belt. Just give applicator a good squirt when start day or change it and its good for day. I prefer to spray onto applicator most of time as wind can blow it in your eyes.

I mean a good squirt to get it nice and damp then keep it that way with sprayer every couple windows or so.
I used a 1 litre fairy bottle the other day dodge and tbh m8 it was magic squirt it on me applicator and job was a good en i still got me bucket in the back of the car as i only got 1 applicator sleeve so use the water to rinse it out especially on 1st cleans .

as soon as i get another couple of applicators il jus chuck the bucket for minging big jobs or jus chuck **** in it .

I used a 1 litre fairy bottle the other day dodge and tbh m8 it was magic squirt it on me applicator and job was a good en i still got me bucket in the back of the car as i only got 1 applicator sleeve so use the water to rinse it out especially on 1st cleans .

as soon as i get another couple of applicators il jus chuck the bucket for minging big jobs or jus chuck **** in it .
I quite like this idea. So it's a litre bottle with soapy water. Spray yer applicator and clean window & squeegee?. Do you not put any on the window?

Mines an unger sprayer on a belt posh, I give the first squirt in morning from a fairy bottle gets applicator nice and wet and good for day. NO BUCKET they heavy lol.

Sometimes put on window for bird poo etc but just keep spraying applicator to keep it wet.

I quite like this idea. So it's a litre bottle with soapy water. Spray yer applicator and clean window & squeegee?. Do you not put any on the window?
Yes mate it's the best thing since sliced bread and 1 litre can last me a day easily .

1 squirt of ecover in the bottle hot soapy water so it lathers up nice and job's a good en it doesn't matter about the water going cold it just helps to lather up in the bottle when knocking it up .

just using a fairy bottle in ya pouch will do same job but i like having unger sprayer its handy as you can adjust spray, it goes a good 15 ft lol.

Back