Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Car Battery

chip

Does anyone use a car battery for wfp, without a splitter? I'm thinking of getting one next as my leisure batteries failing and for half as much I could get a fiesta battery with twice the amperes for half the price, but I've heard as they are made for being constantly charged ie when in use and not flattened and charged, so not suitable.If its ok only other problem is the size as its bigger than the slot my trolleys built for but think a ratchet will sort me

they can be used, but not reccomomed for it, might be half the price but if the battery dies then its dead, then you got to buy an new one

i have a lesure one with a split charge and a solar panel attached! this will never die!!! always spend a little more and that way it will last for ages!!!!

I have a car battery wired straight to my van battery. Never got round to fitting my split charger. But it's been going like this for 3mths and never died yet.

would reccomend getting split charger and fuses on that then!

Running a second battery is never a good idea as it's just an added strain on the alternator. fitting a split charger is the safest way to do it,

Failure to do this will result in you replacing them anyway as the alternator will eventually fail.

plus have read that if the car battery is a smaller amps than the van one, having it wired up directly could cause the smaller car one to over heat, and could go bang!

Leisure batteries discharged more slowly and over a longer period making it better than a car battery ,a car battery are designed to provide a lot of power for a short time

Do you recommend any in particular?

Oh, and is it ok using a car batt charger to charge it? I'm wondering if thats why this one hasn't lasted too well

the one that i told u the price of is a smaller version of the one i got, yer thats fine.

i have fitted a solar trickle charger onto mine so when its light outside it's always on charge! i only charged it once when i first got it and never been out the van since and i run 2 pumps off it!

yer car charger is fine to use

Back