Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2 Men, 1 Van, 1 Years Work!

Got a quote request from a company that want a 2 man set up for a year! Thet're going to see if they can get a cost saving as they are a national company, so rather than pay 80 individual companies the'll sub it all to 1! Happy days!

Now just need to work out how to fill the van on the move! Maybe McDonalds have outside taps that we can hook up to for 8hrs at a time!

This is going to be fun to quote. Building in hotel costs per night plus meals etc. Or maybe I just stick a bed in the back of a van and let a team leader and apprentice bed down in that!

Quick chat over figures, the guy says, put it this way, we understand employee costs are going to be in the region on £40k, so we're not expecting you to do it for peanuts!

Just nipped out to bring some kit indoors and solved the filling issue! Will just fill up on site and rebate them the cost of the water. Will give them an end of year rebate. £10 per day, Simples.

1 years work ? /emoticons/wacko.png huh
They just want a company who will travel nationwide doing all their sites. So it will be spread over a year. Each site has it done every 6-8 weeks, so we'd be constantly going round in a loop.

I've been pushing about 3 companys for 2 years to give it a go. Now getting interest..... If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Why pay different companies in each city, when you can have 1 company dedicated to you who can be on any site within 24hrs.

Seems to me like it would be cheaper to use someone local rather than pay one guy for all that fuel, and b&b cost. But hope it works out for you sounds good. I know there are allot of shops around here, that just use a national company, rather than locals. I guess they prefer it because they can negotiate a more consistent price. Plus only have to deal with the one guy helps.

Whats the name of both your companys?

I dont want to sound like a d!ck here but some of the jobs you seem to say you get offered / tender for are a little far fetched. Meh I could be wrong, sorry if I am. The other time it was 20k a year job, now its 40k?

round me that mite do all the commercial work on co-op and places like that they are cheap as **** no wonder us lot dont get a look in lol there lads are on min wage anyway all the best with it.

Sounds great! Headache with the paperwork but what big quote isn't!!

I phoned a large nursing home in my town and they told me they use a national company, bug the funny thing is its a local lad that cleans them! So that national company just subs it out! Lol

How its going with the quotation mate??

Get a long wheel base can, a camer potty thing and camper shower, easily squeeze that in the first half, then shove the window cleaning stuff in the rear half, job done /emoticons/smile.png

hmmmm,...So what numpties are you going to hire to do all this work for you with just one van that has to cover the whole of the UK? :lol:

Sounds interesting would have thought an exspensive way for the employing company but best of luck hope you get it!! When you starting subbing the work out and need an Isle of Wight contingent give me a bell lol

Best of luck GF

Latest Posts

Back