My canvassing blog!

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Chris33, Mar 18, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Chris33

Chris33 Forum Addict

So here it begins!

One 15 pound house was picked up last week from the boss of who's company are embroidering my company gear. Wasn't really ready for this yet!

Seen a fb post re the local new gym looking for a windy, still wasn't read but had to grab the chance and so blagged my way to a 2 x monthly £15 cleans (only eight windows and a sign)

I live in a town with 3000 houses so made up fliers to target whole area. 2 x a5 fliers per sheet, and will be rolled up on coloured paper (see picture). I know a first clean free is often frowned upon here but I'm open to trial and error. These will be posted through doors next week and I'll follow with door Knock all (still awaiting council badge for that
    Chris

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. mark

mark Forum Addict

I hope it works out for you.if I posted those leaflets in my neck of the woods I would be un-indated with work. for the 1st free clean.its human nature people will take advantage of a good situation.sell yourself high from the off or you will regret it in the future

3. Chris33

Chris33 Forum Addict

Thanks Mark,
    Someone who had offered the first clean free and used a similar template (from the forum) said there was only a very small percentage or drop offs after the first clean and he'd achieved 5% response from leaflets..who knows!

4. mark

mark Forum Addict

#4 mark, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    it depends on were you live m8,my phone would non stop ringing for a free 1st clean

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Get rid of the 2 free internal cleans! :eek::eek::eek:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. Chris33

Chris33 Forum Addict

Tuffers! Kitchen window only or remove completely?

7. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Chris, if the flyers aren't made up yet I'd add 'first clean free etc with upfront payment of six months' i.e. Pay sux get seven. or 'third clean free' and a free clean rather than choc/wine, otherwise I think you'll be doing a lot of free work

8. Chris33

Chris33 Forum Addict

Thanks very much Jim, points taken on board. May well go with second or third clean free then (only made up 100 leaflets so far) but just thought the chocolate idea was more incentive based. Maybe wrong.

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I read it as a full house interior clean, custy might think so too. So you're offering just to clean one single window then?

10. mark

mark Forum Addict

this is the point!!! you need to be exactly clear when posting,people will take the ****

Advertisement