Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

am I doing something wrong here?

StorminNorman

So 3 month full time on windows, gfs and gutter cleaning so far so good and I am paying bills and not complaining about the money. But - repeated cleans on windows are rolling in not by 30/42/60 but by customers requests.. "I will text you when.." And they do, but it is not working the way it works for you guys in UK. (I am in Ireland) and it messes up my everyday schedule.

I think I should change the concept of my business and put the prices up a bit as at the moment I am getting mostly first cleans with no commitment whatsoever.

30 quid for the 3 bed semi it is then..

[media]

[/media]

Window cleaning in Ireland is VERY different to the UK - - a much smaller percentage of the population bothers with a window cleaner, and the average cleaning frequency is much lower. Most customers don't want a regular clean, just for special occasions or when the windows are visibly filthy.

Customers can be trained, but its not easy. Its one of the reasons I quit window cleaning (the bad reaction of customers to rain was the other - its a very wet country FFS!) - but attitudes do vary from one place to another. If you're in a big town or near a city it should be easier - I'm in a very rural area down in Cork though.

Back