My Canvassing Journey - £0 - ££££

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by jgw226, Oct 5, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jgw226

jgw226 Newcomer

So last week I left my previous business behind and today was the first proper day trying to get my first customer. I decided to canvas a local new build housing estate. I knocked doors from 10-2 and managed to get £57 worth of 4 weekly cleans which I didn't think was too bad for my first day out!! Left leaflets in the houses where there was no response. Planning another day there tomorrow as I have barely covered 25% of the site. Would be great to get £200 by the end of this week!! First cleans are all booked in for next Monday!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Den

Den Forum Addict

Nice one, hope your success continues just have to keep plugging away and you will get there in the end.

3. jgw226

jgw226 Newcomer

Thanks Den! It sure will be a long road but getting the first couple of customers has given me the boost to keep going out and finding them!

4. Den

Den Forum Addict

Personally I have had loads of great advise from this forum, but one very basic piece was do a good job and everyone will recommend you, worked wonders for me only ever leaflet dropped never canvassed most of my work is from Facebook and recommendation, seems your first cleans are on a new site be extra thorough with your cleaning and rinse well hopefully all the new people will see you and you will get some walk ups and recommendations the rest will follow.

5. laddergarder

Door knocking is definitely the way to find work fast. But its never as fast as you would like. As previously mentioned. Just keep at it. My best advice would be to take every 'no' as one less you have to get through until you fill your diary with work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

best of luck to you pal .
    my advice is when your canvassing any graft do straught away dont wait have your gear ready and knock them out
    they could change there mind.
    dont worry about the work it will come if you really want it.
    but get that graft done straught away

7. jgw226

jgw226 Newcomer

Thanks for the advice Duncs, hadn't really thought about that! I think I'll try doing that from now on so they can't change their mind. I'm thinking I'll say I'll be there first thing tomorrow morning.

8. jgw226

jgw226 Newcomer

Another day on the same site and canvassed from 1-4:30 today. Managed to speak to a few people after the school pickup so got a higher % of answers today. Managed to get roughly £65 worth of 4 weekly cleans so another worthwhile day!

However, one customer asked me if I could clean them every 2 weeks? Is this normal? What would you say/do?

9. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Just say no. I mean say you clean all houses on that area/estate on Monday then in two weeks your he going back for the one house unless you get enough work for 2 days and do them 2 weeks apart. But I would just set my at all out from the start with the ground rules. I.e it's 4 or 8 weekly and you MUST pay online. No exceptions no ifs or buts decide what you want and stick to it

10. Den

Den Forum Addict

I do one 2 weekly, its for a friend and on route between jobs really isn't a problem for me nice easy job, buts saying that I wouldn't normally do two weekly unless you are On the same estate twice in 4 weeks equally apart.

Advertisement