My canvassing philosophy for what it's worth

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by nick666, Oct 24, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. nick666

nick666 Member

#1 nick666, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    For what its worth -if you have the nerve/motivation/desperation lol to canvass for new business here are a couple of points that may be worth thinking about.I canvass a lot for myself generating work cleaning gutters I have grown a small window round on the back of itnot because I wanted one but it seems silly not to ask them if they wanted their windows cleaning.My main point is that if your canvassing for windows then I believe you better going in asking for gutters because firstly they pay well-I'm only old second division compared to Smurf's Champions League status-I probably get about 6/7 × a monthly clean for an hours work .Secondly the quote for the window clean sounds cheaper in comparison to gutter.If you do a good job on gutters and they have no window cleaner I find you always get the work.When I am on form its relatively easy to pick up the work for a fascia and soffit clean as well although mainly when they are are filthy.So the point is its a damn sight easier to knock on doors thinking you might pick up for arguments sake £40-£100 with a continuing monthly income from windows .I always charge double for first clean if they havent been done for a while and say we will wipe as opposed to" deep cleanse"the frames and sills -if they sre not happy I dont want them as they will be trouble down the line.Only prob is cos I'm not used to collecting window money I keep leaving it for some reason :)Funny the otherday someone asked me what a deep cleanse was -couldnt stop myself laughing as I said we rub a bit harder -it was the most honest answer I could think of-got the job:specs

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

Nick youve made a good point, everyone chases the window work and I bet alot of the window work you get say to you laughing oh shame you dont do windows after youve front ended the gutters. What your doing is a very good approach.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would rather do it that way around as you have a greater earning potential than just door knocking for window cleaning.

I'm a lazy **** so just wait for the phone to ring which can be annoying if I'm trying to take a nap :D

Advertisement