My Canvassing Story: I Want £2000 P/m In 4 Weeks?!?!

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by steele, Jul 13, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. steele

steele Well-Known Member

My goal is to get as close to £2000 worth of work in the next 4 weeks on canvassing. Can it be done?? :Image11:

I did design a flyer but decided against spending that money until I have a few custys and thought I could just print off something simple, so this Is was I used:

[​IMG]

It was a hot Saturday (30c +) so I dressed as smartly as I could in shorts and a shirt and got to work on my street which in mostly small maisonettes and 2/3 bed houses.

Today I gained 10 new customers in 3 hrs, this included a stop at a pub for a refreshing cider :Image3:

5 - 4 weekly
    5 - 8 weekly

All on the same street for total of £67

Will go out again tomorrow!

Advertisement
  2. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

3. OoO

OoO Guest

Not bad at all.

Talking of cidre. I am going to have a few tonight. Landed the biggest fascia clean to date today at the agreed price with deposit.

Its gonna be a bloody good Christmas this year

4. steele

steele Well-Known Member

Off out again tonight before dinner with the wife. Spotted a very dirty street the other day :Image15:

5. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

On your own you might struggle but a realistic target, 10-2 mon to fri 4-8 mon to fri Sat and Sun 10-2 good luck. On your flyer I would put your home address, and I would also have we are coming in the next 2 weeks as creates urgency.

6. steele

steele Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips, I'll make those changes on my next print outs.

Are those recommended times 10-2pm etc. I'm hoping to do most of my canvassing in the evening and do the work in the day.

Colin

7. nick666

nick666 Member

Fantastic result!!! Coincidentally I am sat in the pub tryingtoforce myself to go out knocking and I haveyears worth of experience canvassing.The first knock of the day is 10 times harder thanthe rest.I am starting a W.C. round like yourself having been involved with gutter cleaning previously and still am.It is a very nice add on to your business I have done it fairly succcessfully for quite along time - if you want a chat aboutit I cantell you my script, how I overcome the few objections and how I price it- you are down south you can probably charge alot morethan me ;) Best of luck whatever you do and a greatmotivator I find is if you work out what each customer is worth over 5 years for example eg a £67 DAY LIKE YOU have just done is worth approx £ 4000 -CALLS FOR TREBLE CIDERS allround!!!! Sorry aboutcaps bad typist regards Nick 0781 6600540if you fancy a chat might be interesting swapping ideas

8. steele

steele Well-Known Member

Cheers Nick,

Yeah I did the sums when i got home, over the year that 3hrs work has covered my car insurance and tax for the year. happy days :Image10:

9. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

There the times I recommend, Ive found after 2 on a sat+sun they start getting a bit hostile and on a nice day no ones in.

10. steele

steele Well-Known Member

:Image9: Cheers

Advertisement