Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Show Us What You Got

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CNS-southwest

as you guys know, I. Just starting to do end of lease and to be honest kit kit is random and muddled and half te stuff I just grab from under my sink,.

I just pickup up some racks and plastic boxes so I. An organize everything, so looking to buy a full kit of everything I need.

So would you mind posting a pic of why you have/ and it a list of cleaners and equipment you use /emoticons/smile.png

Much appreciated

Dave

Ive got a 2 bed flat to do today mate , theres loads of stuff you can buy ,the main thing is oven cleaner and grout cleaner but i bought a grout cleaner for tiles (bathroom & kitchen) the other day and it was **** didn't do anything !!! Oven cleaner i have been using mr muscle oven cleaner but buy a mask as its very strong! As for the grills in the oven spray them up as well with the oven cleaner and get a wire wool pad and scrub it , if your lucky enough and there's a dish washer in the property after you have scrubbed the grills and pans throw them in the dish washer and carry on cleaning the rest of the flat then when the dishwasher has finished the grills will be sparkling!!!

Ive got a 2 bed flat to do today mate , theres loads of stuff you can buy ,the main thing is oven cleaner and grout cleaner but i bought a grout cleaner for tiles (bathroom & kitchen) the other day and it was **** didn't do anything !!! Oven cleaner i have been using mr muscle oven cleaner but buy a mask as its very strong! As for the grills in the oven spray them up as well with the oven cleaner and get a wire wool pad and scrub it , if your lucky enough and there's a dish washer in the property after you have scrubbed the grills and pans throw them in the dish washer and carry on cleaning the rest of the flat then when the dishwasher has finished the grills will be sparkling!!!

Sweet dude.

What vacuum do you use?

Also I know your getting a carpet cleaner, but ATM do you just clean stains by hand? And if they don't come out do you just tell Landlord/agent that carpet needs replacing?

Sweet dude.What vacuum do you use?Also I know your getting a carpet cleaner, but ATM do you just clean stains by hand? And if they don't come out do you just tell Landlord/agent that carpet needs replacing?
dont do that mate!!!!HG stuffs good,course I've done advises to stay away from under kitchen sink stuff,will post advice later gotta get back.

Stain pro from prochem good for getting stains up buy hand but you start telling landlord to replace carpets and they'll get someone in to clean them and lose jobs,don't do that mate .

He is the man for carpet cleaning look forward to his advice later, I'm getting the prochem steam cleaner mate. Ive gotta get back to this job too be on later tonite /emoticons/smile.png

End of tenancy jobs cns will certainly open your eyes to how some ppl live and our asian friends I've found are the worst by far.

Smurf, indeed I suspect that some wont be pleasant lol.

Ok so what kind of products do you guys use on what (not including carpet cleaning)

Toilets = harpic 100% limscale. put it in as soon as u get there, and make it the last thing you scrub...

polish for the general surfaces abd skirting boards maybe, unless really dirty then soapy water..

any kitchen cleaner to clean kitchen sides. (i love flash with bleach but i dont thinl your aloud to use bleach)

any bathroom cleaner for bathroom.also spray and leave on for a while... windowlene brings the tiles up nice with a dry soft rag. or if there clean srim them after washing down...

hoovers for cleaning people tend to use a Henry....cheap and good.

but some duzzit sponger or magic spongers, can get them from the £ shop or savers/thing me bobs. etc. they are great for getting those little stains off most non fabric things.

feather duster for the cob webs. or just use the hoover..

This is the sort of things i use around the home, so someone may pop up with better advise..

End of tenancy jobs cns will certainly open your eyes to how some ppl live and our asian friends I've found are the worst by far.
smurf your right there mate, I've done a fair few cleans and i would say 1 of the jobs has been a light clean the rest have been a deep clean and i mean deep!! I don't understand how people live like they do its disgusting! Be prepared to get down and dirty with the bathroom mate most of them are NASTY!!!!!

Buy yourself some stuff called scale away its the best I've used for limescale on most things but best for getting the limescale off of the shower glass mate, and 1 nice little tip that i luv using at the end of every job "stainless steel polish" when you've finished cleaning go round all the taps and oven hobs and use the polish with a cloth makes them shine like brand new /emoticons/wink.png

For limescale I was Gona use kilrock (think that's what it's called) RC recommended it.

I use a Henry and this cheapo bag less from Argos, and the bag less beats the Henry hands down every time.

What kind of prices are you charging Neil and how are you working your costs out? ( I ask you becuase your closest to me lol)

I would advise on really **** jobs price very high if you dont want the job. Then at least that way if you happen to get it you could always subbie the work out like I do from time to time /emoticons/biggrin.png

Be with in a minute boys,just got in from doing carpet job after a day on windows.be happy to give advice and learn from you boys as well.just upset some people as speak my mind and need to tell someone of in another thread.back soon.

Buy yourself some stuff called scale away its the best I've used for limescale on most things but best for getting the limescale off of the shower glass mate, and 1 nice little tip that i luv using at the end of every job "stainless steel polish" when you've finished cleaning go round all the taps and oven hobs and use the polish with a cloth makes them shine like brand new /emoticons/wink.png
Seems like you got the general cleaning spot on mate,treat the place like you were moving in and you won't go wrong.Just cleaned a mucky 2 bedroom house.it was a tough one,loads of hair,grease spots.i run you through my set up.

1.No hot water doh! So fill machine up,wack it up to 90 degrees.

2.get all chemicals out of van,powder in machine,always put water in first then powder so you don't naff up pumps.

3.pipes out and wand,get comfy,remember window cleaning all day so nice trainers.

4.start prespraying with traffic clean on draught marks,dark edges on side of carpets and under doors,scrubb lightly with brush.

5.check water temp,only 40 so not warm enough.

6.this carpet bad so pre spray citrus pre spray with bottle.spot any marks and blot them with white cloth,bit of tar as well so carefully use chewing gum remover and brush out lightly.

8. Water at 60 lets go,soak all carpet again with wand because really bad,leave it few minutes to let solutions work.

Start from back bedroom and slow overlapping strokes rinse up.

handtool for stairs.empty dirty water pack away.

Phew

This was example of job tonight,3 bedrooms and stairs only,tenant done own cleaning.it was bad when she moved in got it like new,new management team in so all had to be good took me 1hr 30 and charge £80. But I've charged more for less before.loads more tips I've to share with you done courses but picked up bits along the way.phew

I would advise on really **** jobs price very high if you dont want the job. Then at least that way if you happen to get it you could always subbie the work out like I do from time to time /emoticons/biggrin.png
spot on mate.

Great advise mate /emoticons/smile.png

Buy yourself some stuff called scale away its the best I've used for limescale on most things but best for getting the limescale off of the shower glass mate, and 1 nice little tip that i luv using at the end of every job "stainless steel polish" when you've finished cleaning go round all the taps and oven hobs and use the polish with a cloth makes them shine like brand new /emoticons/wink.pngSeems like you got the general cleaning spot on mate,treat the place like you were moving in and you won't go wrong.

Just cleaned a mucky 2 bedroom house.it was a tough one,loads of hair,grease spots.i run you through my set up.

1.No hot water doh! So fill machine up,wack it up to 90 degrees.

2.get all chemicals out of van,powder in machine,always put water in first then powder so you don't naff up pumps.

3.pipes out and wand,get comfy,remember window cleaning all day so nice trainers.

4.start prespraying with traffic clean on draught marks,dark edges on side of carpets and under doors,scrubb lightly with brush.

5.check water temp,only 40 so not warm enough.

6.this carpet bad so pre spray citrus pre spray with bottle.spot any marks and blot them with white cloth,bit of tar as well so carefully use chewing gum remover and brush out lightly.

8. Water at 60 lets go,soak all carpet again with wand because really bad,leave it few minutes to let solutions work.

Start from back bedroom and slow overlapping strokes rinse up.

handtool for stairs.empty dirty water pack away.

Phew

This was example of job tonight,3 bedrooms and stairs only,tenant done own cleaning.it was bad when she moved in got it like new,new management team in so all had to be good took me 1hr 30 and charge £80. But I've charged more for less before.loads more tips I've to share with you done courses but picked up bits along the way.phew
Wow that's a gota be one of the most helpful post regarding technique for a newbie that tbh I know nothing re doing this. Thank you. Hmmm just need to find me a machine ....

Thanks mate,that means a lot to me,just want to help people out but I'm still learning so don't want to come across as know it all.

Will give more tips tomorrow lads.

Back