Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaning Venture

gavin46

Hi all,

Im looking at going into the window cleaning business,just looking for any information the best way to start out,i need a van and was looking on ebay with the vans with all the equipment init,do you think this is the best and cheapest way to go,is the any start up kits if i want to buy it myself.

Do i have to register with the council or anyone to start out this business,i can i go on any patch in my area even if they have a window cleaner to try for business.

Any help would be great

Many thanks

Gav

In England, Ireland and Wales I don't think you need to register (England definitely not), Scotland you need a licence. You get work where ya can mate, business is business.

As for the wfp gear and van I'll let the other guys answer that.

Cleaning spot have startup kits

http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Starter_kits.html

make sure you have a pre-washed grade A scrimm it will be you best friend

read the other posts theres lots of information on startups

WFP - waterfed pole systems are better off done on your own, well at least much much cheaper. again you can look at some picture or read the posts.

but you can start with a

bucket

applicator

squeegie - 10" or bigger

scrimm

ladder

and customers

My advice to newbies is always the same, you'll see plenty of guys with big vans, Expensive WFP systems, websites, etc. But when you're starting out, keep it simple, spend as little as you can. A good business will have lots of customers, plenty of cash coming in, and plenty in the bank before they go buying all that stuff. You will get there, but just do it a bit at a time.

Where are you from?

depends how much spare cash you have to lay out on all the equipment really,

buying a fitted out van can cost a bit and might take a few months to get a good amount of customers, but if you go the cash then cant see it being a problem really.

My advice to newbies is always the same, you'll see plenty of guys with big vans, Expensive WFP systems, websites, etc. But when you're starting out, keep it simple, spend as little as you can. A good business will have lots of customers, plenty of cash coming in, and plenty in the bank before they go buying all that stuff. You will get there, but just do it a bit at a time.
i didnt do that i just dived in and went for it, lol

Rshorland, I read your post on that blog there, and thought they were great posts, I've booked marked it I will be looking forward to more posts like those. Your WFP post was particularly interesting, and helpful.

There are no rules as to where you want to build your customer base. Even if there are other window cleaners in the area, no one owns a 'patch', so get out there and start building wherever you like.

You will need to register with the Inland Revenue as self employed. Give them a call and they will tell you what you need to do.

Best wishes,

John

cheers guys great help,like i said i want to buy a wfp system and van,i found this on Ebay,what do you think,is there anything missing and what do you think its worth,every comment helps,Ebay item number : 160904885560

He cant spell either as you may well notice lol

thanks again

cheers guys great help,like i said i want to buy a wfp system and van,i found this on Ebay,what do you think,is there anything missing and what do you think its worth,every comment helps,Ebay item number : 160904885560

He cant spell either as you may well notice lol

thanks again
looks good mate but your better of buying a van and diying it yaself /emoticons/smile.png

Back