My first parking penalty

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by heyoh, Jun 9, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. heyoh

heyoh Active Member

Well after years of window cleaning i received my first parking ticket today... Ive been quite lucky, also i think when wardens see a van with the yellow hose they probably now what im doing.
    Anyway this warden today didnt care. I know i could have asked the customer for a permit, but as i said i never had such a problem. Its only 35 quid if i pay it in 14 days, but i will appeal anyway. Does anyone have any experience in this regard? I wouldnt want to involve my customer, but if i have to im sure he wont mind writing a couple sentences for me.
    The van was actually parked in front of their drive, so if anything i was blocking their drive.

Ps i wasnt sure which thread i should post it to

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#2 Smurf, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    Did you take any pics?

Also did you have any warning cones out too?

I have never had any issues in resident parking areas nor double yellows for that matter either. Maybe that warden was below his quota for the day as most ones I speak too let me get on with my job as long as I'm not causing a problem with traffic flow.

3. heyoh

heyoh Active Member

Unfortunately no. I was so annoyed i just drove off. I know i should have, but im not sure the warden took any

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would contest the fine anyway and see what happens as you where clearly working on a property at the time under the direction of the house owner

5. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

As long as you're clearly working then having a sign on the dashboard stating something like 'Window Cleaner working nearby' should suffice as a Traffic Warden informed me in the past.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm sure the warden could see that will the trailing hose. Sounds like a jobs worth to me :confused:

7. RiceRocket

Yeah sounds it. They take digital photos now don't they so if a tradesman sign was visible then it could easily be contested unless the vehicle was ridiculously parked causing danger to others.

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Was he on one of them mopeds? Next time run your hose across the road and when he comes along on his hair dryer, get a mate to yank the other end of the hose up. Job done :hehehe:

9. RiceRocket

10. keir

keir Guru

Advertisement