My First Use Of Virosol Today - Not Sure

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by S.W. Window Cleaning, May 21, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. S.W. Window Cleaning

S.W. Window Cleaning Active Member

I have seen videos on utube where people just spray on virisol, leave it for a minute and the moss etc on gutters just drops off. I used 1:100 ratio today and it wasn`t like that. Still took a fair bit of brushing. I have a white garage door to do tomorrow. The dirt is well ground in. Think its plastic. Can you use this stuff neat if required or a stronger dose than I have been using today?

Cheers,
    Steve

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would use a stronger mix of about 1:10 as 1:100 I've found too weak for me. Just go careful with the stuff as best to test a small area first especially when using it neat and don’t let it dry on glass. Also stay well clear of so say self cleaning glass as best use a weak soap solution instead as a boost or just pure water.

3. cheapncheerful

it be great with whisky...nawww...........smells lovely.... i love it.....i had some really dirty sealant around a window and tried just rubbing no result...sprayed on the virisol and waited and was astonished to see it just wipe off...:)

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I use it 1:5 in a 5L sprayer. I did a conny roof today, sprayed all over with the mix. Sally sill brush, fan jets, pump on 90, done in under an hour. Love Virosol me :love:

5. cheapncheerful

hey i thought my spray bottle would last for ages....it dont...time to fill again..god i love that smell...:rofl:

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#6 Smurf, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
    Today I also deep cleaned a filthy 4 sided consevatory roof amongst other things. Just used hot pure water with sally sill and the crud just melted away.... No chems required on that one :rolleyes:

7. dredge3

dredge3 Well-Known Member

from 1:100 to 1:5 is a massive differance

8. S.W. Window Cleaning

S.W. Window Cleaning Active Member

Whats a Sally Sill Brush? Are they good?

Steve

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Oi, who you calling toady :rofl:

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If the cap fits & all :D

Advertisement