Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rainy Day...the Usual Dilemma!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mrtaytay

Its given rain for most of the day and I am faced with the usual dilemma....shall I go out or not. The forecast is for a two hour break in the rain at twelve. I could do a few then, but always feel guilty, knowing that its going to chuck it down, shortly after the clean. On days like this I can never settle, constantly checking the forecast and looking out of the window. What do other windies do on days like today?.. I suppose the best thing is to write it off....but what if it improves, despite the forecast..lol

most of the time they are not always right, so i use it a guide really, if its fine in the morning i would just go out. you could spend all day cleaning windows and then it could rain at night anyway. so personaly i would go out, doing some is better than non

i work in light rain end of day you got to keep on track so best to get a few done but if its too wet sack it ive loads of grass to cut today not looking good lol

Same problem here mate, Ive only got 2 window cleaning jobs though. There big ones so dont want to risk it. Its ment to clear up at 1 here so im going to hold back. Ive got a few gutters to clean too so may just do them in the rain

I ended up doing all ground floor on my last house in torrential rain yesterday and got soaked to the skin, woman came running out asking if I wanted to come inside bless her but I just said nah it's not bothering me love (it was a bit lol). When I'd done I knocked and did explain to her that it wouldn't effect the result even though I'm trad, I use rainwater to clean anyway which I told her. She just couldn't help but grin cos I was soaked, it would have taken as long to get a coat from car as it did to finish so wouldn't have been any drier anyway.

Hate days when it's on and off. If it belts it down fine watch star trek or something, but when it's on and off I end up wasting my day and still earning nothing

I think sometimes when you go out when it's raining it usually stops!

If they sky is dark grey and it's bouncing down its a day off, but of its showery I'll just go out and work through it. Still got to earn

I think sometimes when you go out when it's raining it usually stops!

If they sky is dark grey and it's bouncing down its a day off, but of its showery I'll just go out and work through it. Still got to earn
Im the same

Back