My First Wfp Setup?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by wilgold, Jul 10, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. wilgold

wilgold Active Member

Hi guys i am looking into getting a small wfp setup to help get those hard to reach windows, 3 storey town houses etc. I was looking into buying a trolley system but they are way to much money and i would rather invest in buying a more profesional system later down the line. So this is what i have come up with so far...

TDS Meter = £15.75 (Amazon)
    250ltr Water butt = £29.99 (B&Q)
    75gpd RO/DI System = £99.72 (RO-MAN)
    4x 25lt Drums = £22 (ebay)

Backpack £135.00 (ebay)
    32ft Pole = £200? (ionic/gardiner)

Total = £502.46

I live in a hard water area hence why i need a RO/DI and i want to spend not much more than £500 but Is there anything you guys think i should add or change etc?

Cheers
    Wil

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

there are cheaper places than amazon to pick the TDS meters up from, have a shop around.

I got my 3x 200lt blue barrels from local auction and from asking in local paper if anyone has one, any wanted adds even on facebook! worth a try!

dont forget to get resin too, and brush if pole dont come with one.

what area you in??

3. chip

chip Guru

If you scrounge around farms and industrial places, you may be able to pick up an ibc with 1000 ltr capacity for a similar price if not free, would need to sterilise it but that's easy enough with a pack of tablets from Wilkos for about a quid, only need a few from the pack, and a good jet wash out, don't get one that's had something like diesel in though. My other advice would be to get a 200 gpd ro (just add another membrane to the one you're getting) it'll bring the tds lower, eg a100gpd would bring tds of 100 to 5-10, 400 to 20-40, big difference

4. windybenn

windybenn Active Member

i have learnt from people on this thread skip trolley if you can and go straight to van mount

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i have a van mount, but also have made my own trolly! they are always usfull and come in handy sometimes! but thats something that can come in time!

6. Posh

Posh Hero

Ask at yer local garages (car) for yer 25ltre drums. I did & they gave me 4. Tds meter on eBay £8-9. If yet gonna spend that on a backpack I would reccomended the wcw one. A few of us use it on here. I would also reccomend pm mark m about yer water as he has this idea with di & no ro for your water. If you wanted to go cheap you can make yer own pole with a Harris pole. Look on the DIY section it tells yer how to do it.

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

like how everyone goes on about how good di's are, how much resin do you use in a year????

8. Posh

Posh Hero

10kg a year!!! Only use 100litres a month as only use for awkward windows which is what willgold said he was doing.

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

not bad, last year i got through with my ro unit 25kg thats using nearly 300lts a day!

10. Posh

Posh Hero

Yeah I gotta mate who uses about 400 a day & he says a bag of 25kg last him about 18 months. With what I do I wouldn't need that yet & prob nor will willgold but then don't know how much he wants to use. To be honest I'm not that up on it all to be honest. Mark told me about this and it worked for my needs.

Advertisement