Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you guys that use poles, clean the frames

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Woody

I would like to stop using ladders but I can't see anyway to clean frames effectively using a pole or modern traditional technique.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated :)

I would like to stop using ladders but I can't see anyway to clean frames effectively using a pole or modern traditional technique.
Any advice or tips would be appreciated :)
If you do a thorough first Clean then the maintenance will be easy. I always get my guys to get ladders out and creams if needed on first Clean... that's actually a recent rule I've learnt/implemented...I charge accordingly and leave the frames as new. The upkeep is then a walk in the park, a quick brush and wash.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Clean frames with brush... like really clean them (scrub) then clean the glass - rinse. Lastly adjust the angle of the brush so it points down and scrub like hell on the window sills.

Discolouration comes clean after many regular cleans.

You can give the frames a quick wipe with the applicator and the sills are easy to give a scrub but you can't do a top job on them

I trad pole only certain top windows that are hard to do with ladders (well used to i wfp tops now) and trad bottoms..the pole for me is more for just out of reach and awkward bottom ones

Last edited by a moderator:
I used ladders for the first clean, then wagtail on pole on maintenance cleans ,I used to have a cloth wrapped around the top of pole and wipe around the frames and sills . but now a have trolly wfp . and do tops with it . I love trad but wfp is great for frames .

not sure if iv seen polez an bladez <on youtube> used to use ... I think its called a hedgehog brush on a pole ?? basically looks like a toilet brush but for window cleaning ill try and look for it .

Before I clean the glass I use a wagtail angle adapter with a applicator mop. I can clean all round the frame and the sill. It does a good job as I also clean my own windows this way. Takes a longer time but you can be sure of the quality.

Latest Posts

Back