my last window cleaner was only charging £xxx

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Amazin, Oct 26, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Amazin

Amazin Member

Just had a phone call from a woman who was bit shocked after i told her about my charges. I charge £30 to clean front and back for 3 bedroom house. Im based in london.

She told me her last windie was only charging £12 for the whole house. Im thinking to myself, where's is he now? When i clean windows i clean everything include the sills, frames and the bit in front of the window.

I don't think im charging unreasonable

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

I'm guessing 30 is just for a one off or first clean is it? Or is it an exceptionally big 3 bed?

3. Jackie

Jackie Newcomer

I ask why the old window cleaner stopped coming. If they don't know, then I say maybe it's because he under priced it.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I had a big round in london where it is easy to charge well but 30 squid for a 3 bed drum is a tad steep
    So you making 60 quid an hour or more then?

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I have been considering a move back to London (London Proper not the burbs) and the only real difference in cost of living is rent / mortage.

I reckon I would charge £18 - £22 down in London for a 3 bed semi (and yes I do all the frames etc) Up here is is a £12 job.

I still get 'My last windy only charged £5

'Yep and he's died from starvation!!' I tell them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. Jacob

Jacob Guest

Those ppl are just annoying oh i got a cheaper price, please go ahead then, but dont call in 2 months when he stops cleaning. Always wonder if these ppl try and haggle the waiter at the restaurant, they probaly do lol.

7. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I don't get into price wars, my price is for my services not anybody else's. If the previous guy had charged properly he'd still be doing it.

8. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

I am from sw london, £30 to clean front and back only for 3 bedroom house is too much imo.

For e.g if it hasn't been cleaned in years, £30 is OK if it really dirty. UPVC sills and frames can be time consuming

9. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

I'm down south, as others have said around £12 for a three bed, maybe a little more if there's any extra bits and double for a first clean....£30 sounds a bit strong unless it's central London with congestion charge, major aggravation parking etc....I just picked up a new three bed detached for £17, she told she had the same window cleaner for thirty five years and he used to charge £3 and apologised when he put it up to £5 a couple of years ago, doesn't look like he ever touched the frames though... prats like him make life hard for someone that's going to do a good job with insurance and pay tax etc.

10. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I'm in the Cotswolds and would have around zero customers if I charged £30 for a regular 3 bed.

Advertisement