Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No gear and no idea

Knoxy

Help :shy: Just bought my van this week, a Citroen dispatch. I'm looking to have a wfp system fitted for myself to work from, I live in a hard water area and need some advice as to what type of systems will be suitable for me.

I'll be starting off doing residential jobs and maybe looking at getting some industrial contracts if things go well in the future.

What sort of price should I be looking to pay?

I've spoken with Pure Freedom and they recommended me a complete set up ready to go and make some money for £3100

Has anyone used one of their systems and how would you rate it?

Any advice would be great thanks.

Knoxy.

To be honest...I've been fitting my own van system this weekend. I'm not very good at stuff like this (but it is working so I must be ok!) and never done anything like it before and I've managed fine.

Once you read up on what you need to do, I'm sure you could do it. Mine will be fitted out for less than £400...all new stuff (already have pole tho).

Worth reading up on.

Mate seriously have alook at mark m's videos in tutorials and tips on how to build tour own DIY system very informative and everything you need, plus a whole lot easier on the pocket.

As for the no idea u should post one question at a time and you will get them answered no problem at all.

Also the hard water area you are going to need a RO sysyem ( reverse osmosis) to soften the water up a bit before it hits your DI vessel.
Thankyou very much Paul

My set up cost £320 knoxy i used the same pump and varistream as purefreedom just a few 1000`s cheaper it is very easy to do

I am going to make a video next week as soon as my van port turns up i could show it and post a link of where i got the bits from would that be ok i could do that with all videos if it helps

I'm very impressed with the answers in here, wanting to properly kit my van out soon so loving the comments.

Knoxy,

I have been looking at pure freedom and was

impressed with their DIY systems

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/pure-freedom-diy-water-fed-pole-kit-for-mediumhard-water-areas-p-295.html

What you will receive: -starting@ £363.30 incl vat

1 x Heavy Duty MDPE plastic baffled water tank available in a range of sizes and orientations - see below.

1 x 5/6 stage compact Reverse Osmosis system complete with 3 stage pre-filtration and 10 inch membranes.

1 x Deionisation Filter complete with top grade Tulsion brand Deionisation Resin

1 x Digital Hand Held TDS Meter (more accurate than most inline ones).

1 x 100psi Shurflo Pump with Strainer and Fittings for 1/2" Hose (Assembled).

1 x Flowmaster Electronic Pump Controller - see available options below.

Both the Shurflo pump and Flowmaster are pre-mounted on a compact panel and pre-wired together ready to connect to your battery. - All you have to do is mount the panel!

1 x Outside Port Panel with Connector - This will allow you to work from the system with the vehicle fully closed and locked!

1 x High Quality Metal Hose-Reel.

1 x 100 metre roll of 8mm 'Microbore' Professional Hose.

1 x XTEL professional water fed pole with braided hose - available in a wide range of sizes and constructions - see options below.

1 x Vikan Brush - see options below.

1 x Adjustable Brush Angle Adaptor.

Pole, brush and angle adaptor all come assembled and ready to work with all required fittings.

1 x Tank Outlet Fittings Kit - Includes metal reducer, elbow, valve and fitting to join to 1/2" hose

1 x 5m roll of 1/2" hose to connect the parts of your system together.

1 x Comprehensive installation and operation guide with diagrams.

Hope this helps

Robert

Mate seriously have alook at mark m's videos in tutorials and tips on how to build tour own DIY system very informative and everything you need, plus a whole lot easier on the pocket.

As for the no idea u should post one question at a time and you will get them answered no problem at all.

Also the hard water area you are going to need a RO sysyem ( reverse osmosis) to soften the water up a bit before it hits your DI vessel.
What Paul said, he's very knowledgable and helpfull. Pure Freedom systems are very good but obviously they do it for a hefty price tag. Do a DIY job. Saves you money and they work just as well.

Back