Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Messer dumped months ago.....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I wouldn't botherOnce a messer always a messer

No one needs the extra few quid that desperately that they can't canvass a good custy to replace her

Correct :thumbsup:...

I don't even reply to messers.

Update: just got a text. "Hiya, you've done our windows for us before. Mrs Sharma."

Do you think she's trying to get out of a treble priced first clean? :laugh:

I'm going to text back saying that she doesn't ring any bells /emoticons/biggrin.png

tell it you'll fit her in when you can and charge her first clean price, payment upfront, do a good but quick job and then drop it.

I dumped a messer today, been doing a new road for about 8 months or so, reason i started was its the road next to where i live.

I got 9 on this road initially and now im down to 5, all dumped by myself, the remaining 5 are only worth £50 but its fine as they are always in and always pay. The last one i dumped today was because they are always in but never have the money, fine as i live so close eh? I used to have to call back several times for the money. Last time i cleaned them they said please call bk. i call bk on friday and no money. Get a text next day, please call back on the 15th, ok i said. I call on that specific day and guess what? No money, appologies etc, call tomorrow i will have it. I thought ur having a laugh. Next day arrives and i get a text, i have the windows money and im in if u want it? I replied, b round in a min. I go round (freezing cold but 2 min walk) he answers door and says hang on i will just get it, 5 mins later, " i cant find it" im sort or laughing by now, never have i been messed like this before. It turned out he left this £10 on the side and his misses picked it up on her way out as she was going to asda an hour previous. I told him not to worry about it as he was appologising alot, i told him to drop it round mine when u get it as im not walking around here again tomorrow. An hour later he was knocking on the door with it.

Hes a good sort of block, not a cnut or anything but hes dopey as **** and never has the money, so today in a heavy frost i just did the others and dumped him, was it the right thing?

I can always get more and my new years resolution is to only clean people who either are always in with money or i text them and they leave the moeny as they are at work

You did the right thing paul

Even if he was next door neighbour wgy should you chase him up

Exactly why i dumped the next house to me

Thought he could take the p1ss being my neighbour

your well rid Paul

i remember being messed about in my 1st year by a lady , no money right now , your money{£7] will be under the flower pot on friday- guess what? it wasnt . go back for it the following friday after she text me its there now. guess what , £4 only

Why do these numbnuts think it is ok to treat us like that??

I would like to see them go to work and then their bosses say I've paid your wages into the bank but it's 40% less than we agreed or say I'll pay you next month i haven't got any money on me at the mo

Which is what happens to us if a few people try it on

I have been lucky this time around as i have very few messers

Also a lot of my custys are from recommendations and seem to all be playing the game fairly as opposed to any old custy who i have door knocked

Any messers i do have are from canvassing

Paul been there also,I'm like you now if iget any new work money is left out"....cash/cheque whatever,been tucked up a few times and had to drop a lot of carp payers and now looks better.....

Wouldn't mind but I only have a small custie base but mess me around with payment a couple of times and your off! I spent 3 years trying to educate the crusty".......then I realised.....You can't!

My pet hate not getting paid in a timely manner"."....

I will go the extra mile for any customer.....so long as you pay me promptly

A lot of my custys don't leave money out but pay as soon as they can on paypal (with the extra 50p added to price to cover paypal fees)

I have a woman owes me a tenner

She messed me about before (she is 2 weekly) and didn't pay by paypal and paid £20 after next clean

then the next clean she didn't do paypal again

I messaged her and no reply

ex custy now

She can keep the tenner as i am not chasing it but i messaged her mate who wanted a quote and said if you are her mate i don't trust you to pay promptly either so bye bye

Hopefully she will moan at her as in the local village they live in there is no windie

I have a woman owes me a tennerShe messed me about before (she is 2 weekly) and didn't pay by paypal and paid £20 after next clean

then the next clean she didn't do paypal again

I messaged her and no reply

ex custy now

She can keep the tenner as i am not chasing it but i messaged her mate who wanted a quote and said if you are her mate i don't trust you to pay promptly either so bye bye

Hopefully she will moan at her as in the local village they live in there is no windie
/emoticons/biggrin.png I don't know if saying you don't trust the mate was right /emoticons/biggrin.png

All i know is every time i did her house and she spouted off some excuse her mate was right there listening

So i don't want to take someone on who thinks that is the norm and is ok

End of the day sod her i don't need any work round that way

Update: just got a text. "Hiya, you've done our windows for us before. Mrs Sharma."
Do you think she's trying to get out of a treble priced first clean? :laugh:

I'm going to text back saying that she doesn't ring any bells /emoticons/biggrin.png
Just texted her back saying 'ah I remember you'. I'm going to string this one along /emoticons/biggrin.png

Cheers lads for the confirmation, for so many years ive put up with messers just ruining your day and round, but now i would rather go to extra roads for quality customers than try my best to keep a condensed as possible round. Ive stopped doing roads in the past because several messers pi&&ed me off so much and i ended up associating the road with them, whereas i should ignore them and keep the quality people who pay for a quality service. This is my new outloook this coming year. Its nice to lable them as messers, then u can weed them out and see a perfectly good round emerge with no hassels

Back