Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

cleaning patio

davewindowcleaner

A old age pensioner just came up to me asking if I could clean her patio with my wfp. I had to explain my gear is just for window cleaning only.

Is it worth getting into patio cleaning like buying karcher pressure washer?

Buy a petrol one, and advertise it, the work will come!

Never by an electric one for work, always go petrol!!

Bless her cotton socks /emoticons/biggrin.png

This is the busy time of year for patio & driveway cleaning. Most jobs I get they already have a diy electric washer that they have either given up trying to clean something or it have broke whilst trying.

Can I ask Jake how long it would take to clean this woman patio picture I have put up. I am asking because i have not done something like this before.

Can I ask Jake how long it would take to clean this woman patio picture I have put up. I am asking because i have not done something like this before.

That's a block paving driveway by the looks of it not a patio. I'm guessing it goes down the side of the house to the garage as well so would need a better pic.

I was at a job a while back and opposite an old boy was using a diy washer on his block paving drive sat on a chair as it was that slow trying to clean a block at a time. Bless him /emoticons/biggrin.png

You could spend an hour just on the clean up let alone cleaning it.

I would take me approx 3 hours depending what the drainage was like using a delta 15lpm 3000 psi washer, 18 inch whirlaway and turbo for the edges then clean up from set up to packing away. Then come back another day when it's dry and has not rained for the last 2 days to resand the joints. I could probably do that size job quicker if the blocks have been sealed in the past and/or the the driveway is not to bad.

A larger lpm pump washer would clean it faster as the flow rate is what quickens the clean.

Yes it a driveway I just miss the garage in the picture I taken.
Is it a hour job would you say smurf?

I have two like that plus a chepo dirt devil (blue plastic cover) with the bearings gone also a small one that I don't really use much.

You could spend an hour just on the clean up let alone cleaning it.
I would take me approx 3 hours depending what the drainage was like using a delta 15lpm 3000 psi washer, 18 inch whirlaway and turbo for the edges then clean up from set up to packing away. Then come back another day when it's dry and has not rained for the last 2 days to resand the joints. I could probably do that size job quicker if the blocks have been sealed in the past and/or the the driveway is not to bad.

A larger lpm pump washer would clean it faster as the flow rate is what quickens the clean.
Thanks for your help but truth to be told I don't half of what you are talking about.

I think I will just stick with window cleaning for now, should I one day get plenty of spare cash I will look into it more.

Idealy you should be looking at this type spec washer to do domestic stuff.

[media]

[/media]

Looking at how much it cost for eg on cleaning spot website, it not worth me buying one for one job only. Beside my sister father in law who is a mechanic will be getting me a transit van from his contact so I want to save my money getting stuff like tank and so on.

Then some like to use a 30 lpm washer which is about twice as fast than using 21 lpm washer /emoticons/biggrin.png

[media]

[/media]

Decent washers are not cheap for sure unless you can pick up a good condition used bargain from the likes of fleebay

Back