Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Size

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Didn't know they did an 8m, bet thats a bit heavy. Mines 5m anyway.
Ah ok mate, does that reach 2nd floor and Connie's ok??

I got some cheap thing from eBay to practice with but I wana get good quality stuff for the rounds.

Yeah mate they reach 2nd and over connies, they're heavy and a bit too flexible though especially when ya have to go over a connie from an angle but they do the job. I did extend mine but took the extension off again cos the weight was just too much and at an angle really did bend, straight up though wasn't a problem for 3rd floor. I would suggest spending the money on a better pole if finances allow because of the weight and rigidity.

Also I'm just about to start mk2 of my pressure sprayer wfp pump and I'll post it when it's finished (website to finish first). Trolley system using 2 pressure sprayers pumped with one handle, holds 18 litres and if my calculations are right taking the combined pressure to 80-100psi. I'm same as you though, looking at a better pole now and seriously looking at the facelift ones if reviews are favourable. Don't skimp on the brush either, Gardiners super lites some swear by but using Tecbuk Ariel once got me hooked on it..

5m harris pole will give you fully extended approx 18ft reach when working. Not a great reach tbh but would do you for starters for most domestics without extensions or awkward conservatories as is only £15.

Ideal thanks guys

Do you know of any more rigid ones?

I could probs double the budget I would spend in a Harris if the alternative was more rigid, easier o use.

Do you know of any alternatives?

Cheers

Dave

30 quid mate you'd be looking used from ebay and to be honest you'd probably be lucky to get anything decent at that. Harris will do the job but like Smurf said reach isn't great and not great over connies at awkward angles but will do as a starter pole, it does for me.

Try a harris pole to see how you get on with it first then when the money starts comming in treat yourself to a better pole /emoticons/wink.png

I'm suprised...

Considering a Harris is a well know brand, why would it be more than double the price for one that's a little bit better??

What kind of brands should I be looking or on eBay etc??

Thanks

Dave

Harris is 15 quid mate but it's just an aliminium decorators pole, I'm talking about a wf pole on ebay. I don't know of any alternatives so go with a Harris like Smurf suggested and when the money comes in buy a better one.

"brodex 25 ft 'Predator glass fibre pole" that surely will be heavy & bendy as hell but like you say going cheap tho.

Was going to say rc for trad unger do a 6m pole

this is off topic as it has nothing to do with size, but i am going to answer it anyway! might get another warning point for changing the subject.

but if you are on a buget and like some cheap poles that are a little biger than the harris this site is where i got mine from to start with

http://www.windowcle...98&SectionID=12
Actually not off topic RC, I didn't think of that one. 6m and isn't that the one that Wagga modded together with a Harris for even better reach?

Actually not off topic RC, I didn't think of that one. 6m and isn't that the one that Wagga modded together with a Harris for even better reach?
in a way it could be, as its not about the sizes of poles, but the cheapness of them!

let me think, could i answer this without it seeming to be going off topic??

i think it could be, i have used the 6m, it is a little heavyer than than the harris, but gives you that extra reach

Not really worth the extra 35 quid or so then, you can just get a 1.5m length of aliminium (cheap brush) and make your own extension for the harris like I did.

Back