Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Size

Just to clarify cns was your original question about using a pole for trad work or for wfp?

I was well aware it was posted in trad sub section but I was not sure if cns was thinking of using harris poles for both methods of window cleaning so just wanted to clarify thats all. Is that OK? /emoticons/biggrin.png

Thanks... /emoticons/wink.png Anyhow regarding poles you get what you pay for. Simples....

I use a harris pole and it's great. 5.5 metres / 18ft for £15? How can you go wrong! It's not that heavy either. I can use it all day with no probs. It's a bit bendy but not so much that it's a problem - and it can be an advantage when reaching over something sideways. Anyway you should definitely get an angle adapter too - this is the one you want - http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=279&osCsid=1hr3tlvt8uvs23mc4ppupv8742

There's a good vid on youtube on how to convert a harris pole to fit an unger angle adapter like that -

and then you're flying. I use mine with a modified wagtail like Wagga there on youtube but thats another story.

Well I went and they only had a 2m in stock for £5 so bought that.

It will do a 2up house but won't reach the windows on my dads lift conversion, even on ladders I can only do the bottom half so ill def need a longer pole for bungalows, Connie's etc

I see Harris have a yellow 3m pole that has a different locking system, with a button instead of the twist.. The Harris twist clamps I think are pants, and sometimes can allow the sections to spin.. A pity they didn't do this yellow pole in 5m it would be brilliant

I see Harris have a yellow 3m pole that has a different locking system, with a button instead of the twist.. The Harris twist clamps I think are pants, and sometimes can allow the sections to spin.. A pity they didn't do this yellow pole in 5m it would be brilliant
They are pants but for the money ya can't fault em I suppose. Mark M's GT-85 tip for the threads sorted my clamps out though, only sprayed em the once and they ain't jammed up since.

Don't know why u guys have problems with it, mines a year old never had anything wrong.

They are only plastic clamps and if over tightened, not undoing them enough before pulling pole out or putting it down, all this will wear the plastic clamps out fast and causing people to tighten them up more and more each time.

Back