Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wagtail problems scratching frames

WCF

Help Support WCF:

morgan

Help

I have a wfp system which works really well, how ever the occasional customer wants traditional, I recently purchased a wagtail and found that it seems to scratch the frames? Any ideas what may be causing this? Annoying on dark pvc windows Ive tackled different angles and still have issues.

Your correct it is the later version and alloy, didnt seem to matter if pad was on top or underneath method. Luckily was on own windows.

I use Wagtails for about 5 years. Never seem to have that problem.Try Dog earing the channel, and tighten the screw on top a little more to stop the rubber moving.

Will try that thank you as commented earlier it may because of being new. Luv the concept of them, trying to get use to the wagtail orbit on wfp too.

Tried them for a couple of years, didn't really get on with it? Found that the Velcro kept coming away and on deep recess frames soap would flick back on to the glass, gone back to unger cause 99.9% of work is wfp anyway so it's no issue

If it's the alloy channel version then I suggest you file/sand the sharp edges on each end of the channel. They are very sharp when new & pretty brutal.
And alloy will scratch easier than steel.

It has a red type rubber which seems to move from side to side a bit. Don't think that helps.
This is probably the reason, you should fix the ends of the rubbers in with nylon ties, or similar, to stop it slipping back into the channel.

Stick a liquidator channel in the wag instead might be another solution

I myself am waiting for feedback from others like @boarcity or @daveyboy1 if that channel will work well in a wag

View attachment 3982

Stick a liquidator channel in the wag instead might be another solutionI myself am waiting for feedback from others like @boarcity or @daveyboy1 if that channel will work well in a wag
should have mine very soon.trouble with fitting an S channel to wagtail is that the wagtail slot is much bigger

for quite some time iv been thinking that instead of a centre screw theres got to be a better solution to holding channels into the wagtail . possibly a spring loaded lower jaw [ piece of spring steel] riveted to blue section , to grab both rubber and channel ? something similar to the Ergotec jaw design

another alernative might be to clamp a sandwich of spring steel and moerman channel in the wagtail clamp .using the wagtail centre screw to bite into the spring steel to locate it

Last edited:
Something like this??It works.

Although we are in the progress of make a completely different swivel handle that has a universal clamp on it.

Just liked the one that is on the wagtail disc in the video.

[media]

yes thatd work well , if you added teeth on the lower jaw to grab the rubber even better

i hate buying brand new gear that i have to mod so that it works properly

i have a channel thats edges would rip your hand open and whose scrubber is too small

this does not make my tail wag

Latest Posts

Back