Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black IBC

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cleanz

I've been sent a Black IBC by Toucan Environmental (despite ordering a clear one).

Obviously I can't see how much water is left when I fill it up, is there any way round this or should I be phoning and complaining tomorrow?

No it's for the garage, so I can pump to 25l barrels - but I have decided to keep it. I wouldn't if I wasn't so desperate to store water! Aparently I can use a depth gauge off ebay (£20) and that will sort out the problem of not seeing in. Bit of a pain but hey ho

Black is better than clear plastic ibc's and they normally costs more also they don't go green inside like clear plastic ones do so myself I would not complain.:rolleyes:

You can also fit a shut off valve so you don't over fill it and simply use a dip stick (depth gauge) you can make yourself with say a wooden broom handle as the ibc should already have the lines on the outside marked up in litres that you can just mark up on the broom handle. Or just stick your head in the open lid to have a look how low it's got instead./emoticons/biggrin.png

That kind of thing you would use in a van mount ro system as that looks to me a 12volt float switch. Best ask purefreedom if it would be suitable for a static setup running on mains power or you may need if hooked up to a leisure battery to run it. To be honest I've never bothered to fit float valves to any of my ibc's as they are in the garden so doesn’t matter if they overflow or not.

Cheers for the reply. I'll give them an email, my one is in the garage and although I'll prob keep an eye on it. I just know there will be one time I slip up and flood everything /emoticons/ohmy.png

Back