Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much Would You Quote?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

H is cheap we know, but would they honestly pay you £150 for doing those windows? It's not like it's going to take all day is it? Say it takes an hour and you go up for your money. That's £150 please sir. The gaffer is going to think wtf. That's half a weeks wage for some people.
Tis TRUE what your saying but like I said not going to quote on prices anymore just laugh at them.

Indeed Ady....One parting thought on pricing is never assume what ppl can or can't afford (willing to pay) or could end up being your downfall by constantly under pricing your work.

Am not cheap at all cos that building i would do for 15 quid... someone else thats wfp in my area would probs do that for 10 quid.... to be honest

am not cheap or expensive

am fairly priced..... It depends what area your in for window cleaning prices.... if i was in your area id probs charge a lot more... but in my area am fairly priced

Look at taxis... their cheap some places and expensive some places.... to travel 3 mile in my town it costs 2.50 in london i guess that would cost a lot more

it all depends on what area u live in so end off

it not only taxis either... a haircut is expensive some places and cheap the other.

£15 does seem a bit cheap but £150. Phew. For an hour or 2 work. Nice if you can get it. Even trad I wouldn't ask that. But if you can get it good luck to yer.

At the end of the day pricing jobs up that cheap even for £30 every 4 weeks does no one any favours. Total bonkers if you ask me.... :Image3:

And there you have it chaps. Too many in cloud cuckoo IMO.

Nice one, I would have said a bit more money at looking at it but if it only took you 30 minutes nice money

How is £30 to cheap? Earnt a £1 a minute. Don't get that doing my 'proper' job.....

For info i am in West Yorkshire.

Now take out your time for travel, fuel, running costs/expenses also add the time it takes to invoice the client and then wait 28 days for payment etc. Most don't get it they are running a business with overheads and admin work too so you can't simply compare it to someone working on an hourly rate 5 days a week getting holiday pay etc.

Sorry but I get a bit annoyed when ppl deliberately undersell their services just to gain work when they compare other jobs and hourly rates. When you work for yourself it's a totally different ball game and some soon wise up and get shot of underpriced work anyways.

How is £30 to cheap? Earnt a £1 a minute. Don't get that doing my 'proper' job.....

For info i am in West Yorkshire.

£30.... So works out to be £60 an hour if you had more.

£60 an hour x 8 hour day = £480

Wouldn't get out of bed for less than a £2000 lol

Now take out your time for travel' date=' fuel, running costs/expenses also add the time it takes to invoice the client and then wait 28 days for payment etc. Most don't get it they are running a business with overheads and admin work too so you can't simply compare it to someone working on an hourly rate 5 days a week getting holiday pay etc.[/size']
Sorry but I get a bit annoyed when ppl deliberately undersell their services just to gain work when they compare other jobs and hourly rates. When you work for yourself it's a totally different ball game and some soon wise up and get shot of underpriced work anyways.[/size]
Its 5 minutes away from me, cost f all in fuel, printed a invoice out in 2 minutes, and they paid cash straight away.

This is a part time venture for me for a bit of extra cash. Can't sniff at £1 a minute. It beats doing a house for a fiver that takes 15-20 mins......

Its 5 minutes away from me, cost f all in fuel, printed a invoice out in 2 minutes, and they paid cash straight away.

This is a part time venture for me for a bit of extra cash. Can't sniff at £1 a minute. It beats doing a house for a fiver that takes 15-20 mins......

I know where you are coming from and it is good money but what smurf says is also very true that 30 minute job could have been a few miles up the road so it is time to the job setting up for the job and travel so know the job has taken 1 hour plus your petrol know take 20% for the tax man that's £24 for the hour now take the cost for putting you cheque in to a business account £22.50 were and tear on tools cost of material's van insurance public liability loads more running costs etc min 28 days payment brings the cost down even more so you can see where he is coming from when it is you full time job and you are carry out this sort of work full time there are lots of hidden expenses

Now take out your time for travel, fuel, running costs/expenses also add the time it takes to invoice the client and then wait 28 days for payment etc. Most don't get it they are running a business with overheads and admin work too so you can't simply compare it to someone working on an hourly rate 5 days a week getting holiday pay etc.
Sorry but I get a bit annoyed when ppl deliberately undersell their services just to gain work when they compare other jobs and hourly rates. When you work for yourself it's a totally different ball game and some soon wise up and get shot of underpriced work anyways.
Exactly Smurf,like I said I give up for the record just got back from a quote for a job smaller than that but same lay out.not even going to say what price but it wasn't £30.00!

What impressed the office was smart uniform,good usp and not underselling myself.i was cheaper than the last bloke but only a bit ,they got rid because he was knocking it.

No point in explaining because we are in cuckoo land.£30 for that in 20 odd minutes but what do I know.only been usin wfp for 10 -12 years on massive university and corporate buildings,they will get caught out.

I give up.

Take lawn mower's. Say they cut a big lawn and it takes half an hour, is the home owner going to pay silly money or get some bod in who charges sensible prices?

If you can get top dollar, then fair enough. But if we all went down Smurphs route we'd end up earning jack sh!t because there will always someone cheaper. A window cleaner is a luxury for a lot of the population. Who here washes their own car, or do you get it valeted for £50 a time? Same principle in my mind. I moan at Mrs Tuffers for getting the car washed for a fiver at Sainsbury's! We have to be realistic in this climate and if the kid earnt £30, then fair play as it's £30 he can spend.

Rant over.

I give up.

Take lawn mower's. Say they cut a big lawn and it takes half an hour, is the home owner going to pay silly money or get some bod in who charges sensible prices?

If you can get top dollar, then fair enough. But if we all went down Smurphs route we'd end up earning jack **** because there will always someone cheaper. A window cleaner is a luxury for a lot of the population. Who here washes their own car, or do you get it valeted for £50 a time? Same principle in my mind. I moan at Mrs Tuffers for getting the car washed for a fiver at Sainsbury's! We have to be realistic in this climate and if the kid earnt £30, then fair play as it's £30 he can spend.

Rant over.
That is the problem mate with forums and business's its the same all over.

Just so you know i am typing this sat on a pile of money and just priced up 10 jobs at £550 each.

£30 for 30 mins work.. Can't complain at that..

Charge extortionate prices then expect to be undercut, then come on here and cry someone doley undercut me boo hoo

£30 for 30 mins work.. Can't complain at that.. Charge extortionate prices then expect to be undercut, then come on here and cry someone doley undercut me boo hoo
Instead of boo hoo. I prefer.

WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAA

By the way, they knocked me down on my original quote, so it was either take £30 or not. Beats doing domestic.....

I'd love to charge them £500 if i could, doesn't work like that though.....

You did have a choice to say no and walk away...

By the way how many panes of glass did you clean for £30 including top openers?

By the way, they knocked me down on my original quote, so it was either take £30 or not. Beats doing domestic.....

I'd love to charge them £500 if i could, doesn't work like that though.....

Back