Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Min Charge

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dasslr1

94 to go
i recently did some canvassing and 1 woman said shed be intrested in having a window cleaner soon and that shell get back to me but she only wants the tops doing im hoping she ment the front and back but she might of only ment the front now the front 2 at the top are above 2 bay windows which stick out quite far so ill have to rest the ladders at the side and stand on top of the bay windows .plus she has those leaded windows that take twice as long to clean.

1,what would you do?

2.how much would u charge ?

3 because its only two windows should i av a minimal call out charge as it were?

You crack me up tuffers :Image13:

Yes you should have a min charge but best you don't get involed just cleaning tops unless you intend to clean the bottoms for free especaily if using wfp

Best one was an old lady said can I just clean the frames now and again as her own window cleaner dosen't clean them very well. :Image10:

4, Tell her to do one. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

You have a minimum price (cost), even if you don’t know what it is.

Crudely explained here – you have business cost & living cost; let’s say they both amount to £20,000 a year. You clean 12 customers a day and clean windows for 240 days of the year – 12 x 240 = 2880 cleans a year – divide 2880 into £20,000 = a minimum price of £6.94 per visit.

Not a great explanation, but you should see the point being made.

Richard

I had a customer ask me to do the upper windows only. This was a house front only. It wasn't worth me only doing the top ones. So, I gave him a price for doing the whole front of house instead (and told him it was for the whole front of house). He was happy, as he though it would be more expensive, and that was why he asked for only the top windows to be cleaned. He agreed that I would do the whole house front regularly - another happy customer.

i quoted a small job i got from waitin for me fish n chips, he wanted me to clean 3 small windows and leave down stars, i said £3 he said he had a quote of £10! anyway he give £5 quids in i think!

You have a minimum price (cost), even if you don’t know what it is.

Crudely explained here – you have business cost & living cost; let’s say they both amount to £20,000 a year. You clean 12 customers a day and clean windows for 240 days of the year – 12 x 240 = 2880 cleans a year – divide 2880 into £20,000 = a minimum price of £6.94 per visit.

Not a great explanation, but you should see the point being made.

Richard
Well explained. You can also have a graded price structure based on an average ten windowed house at, say £7.00 all round. then work backwards, increasing the price per window by say 10%. Roughly speaking it would be like this; £7 all round, 70p a window. 9 windows, 77p per window, £6.90. 8 windows, 85p, £6.80, and so on. By the time you get doen to one window you are on £1.64 per window. set the scale at whatever you like. then you won't be out of pocket.

Back