My own gutters are overflowing

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Smurf, Aug 2, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Torrential rain has caused my own guttering to overflow this morning as could not handle the amount of rainfall the sky decided to dump on my house in 20 mins. Mind you it doesn't help as is shared guttering so the downpipes have to take the water away from next door roof too.

So just goes to show even having clear free flowing downpipes & gutters sometimes they can still overflow. :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I cleared mine two weeks ago,...they looked like a jungle. Cobblers shoes and all that.........

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I love it when we get a downpour as the phone seems to never stop ringing.

So many people just don't think about their house downpipes & guttering until they start overflowing. Then when going out to check & clear them I find they are rammed soiled with crud & sods.

4. cheapncheerful

yep mine probably need doing too...always the last on the list ...well i get no money....:eek:

this is after fixing the sill cover back on the daughters car in time for her mot...and mouse hunting in the extension...

mind you ...i sorted out the tree of wasps last night with my few cans inside me...er...gotta shift that somewhere as the garden is full....and supposed to be a nice restful weekend...

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Speaking of which some are near impossible to do due without the right kit like this one for instance.

very awkward gutter clearing job top view.jpg

very awkward gutter job front view.jpg

That job alone has paid for my replacement 3 x 1000 watt wet vac I got from fleebay:)

6. cheapncheerful

you been up in your balloon with a camera again mr smurf....i take it they lifted the injunction then....:rofl:

yep you need proper kit to get to them gutters....and of course...that relates to the price charged...:rolleyes:

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Either that or I've just got a very long gutter cam pole:D

I also use to do elevated photography too with a 50 foot mast but that pic was just cut from bing maps as you do :rolleyes:

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

He was using smurf sattelite

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I use google & bing maps quite a lot to get an idea what access etc is like before going out to take a look if need be that is.

10. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I do this too. Useful tool.

Advertisement