Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Softening Before Ro

Trinculo

Hi new member so please be gentle. Tried a search but didn't throw up any answers.

Got into wfp window cleaning some five years ago on a small scale when I started doing the windows at some of the sites (mainly residential flats) where I already maintained the gardens. Because it was small scale I went halves on a van system with a friend who did the same. The ro system and tank were kept on his van. However over the years I've picked up more window cleaning and feel its time to invest in my own gear. My water is a lot harder than my mates and would be interested to get some feed back on water softeners. Are they over kill or do they speed up the process and save resin?

I run a 450GPD system with an inline booster. Mains water often reads over 400ppm. Any opinions gratefully received as I don't want to chuck money away if its a waste of time. Many thanks.

Hi trinclo, welcome.

Not sure tbh, but your pre filters, ie carbon and sediment filters should deal with most of the serious stuff. At 400 ppm might be worth just doubling up on them before ro?

Hi trinclo, welcome.

Not sure tbh, but your pre filters, ie carbon and sediment filters should deal with most of the serious stuff. At 400 ppm might be worth just doubling up on them before ro?
Hi chip, thanks for the reply. Having done a bit of research it seems the softener would need to be 'regenerated' on a frequent scale with my hard water, so as its a bit more than fit and forget it will probably be easier to double up on filters as you say.

Back