Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Raging

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Doo

collecting tonight I went to one house that owed me 3 cleans (fortnightly round) girl came to the door said that my custy was out & she was just watching her kids ...I said ok

Went up the road to another custy about 100ft away from the first , a car raced up the street & tooted who pops out the house yep the custy that was not in .

I bloody hate this ffs just tell me you ain't got the cash, no more cleans till I get paid :angry:

Feel for ya mate I've had a couple like that myself, just be honest I say.

Had to edit ya thread title mate sorry even though it was probably on the money lol.

Got one like that mate. She wanted to pay via on-line banking because she is hardly ever home when I collect. So I left my details and guess what, no payment. Left details again a week later and no payment. Cleaned again 2 weeks ago. I left a sae and guess what......

Got to catch her now and ask what the problem is. It's a fkin p!ss take.

make them pay you online and if they dont pay within 7 days charge them £3 for every week there late. i started this on monday just gone and i soon got all my payments lol

I slowly brought in payment by BACS, the younger customers are ok with this, some older customers have never seen a laptop so I still collect from them, but their usually in any way.

Now I don`t get any problems with payment and it weeds out the bad payers.

nahhh soap just dries, cooking oil smears and then bakes on. but its one way to get a bad name. remember takes lots of customers to get you a good name but just one idiot to destroy you.

Write it off as a bad debt, claim full amount off your profits. Dont worry about it, its only money!!

Write it off as a bad debt, claim full amount off your profits. Dont worry about it, its only money!!
Why would you do that?

Guys it's just because we are talking about window cleaning and "low" levels

Of money, we shouldn't be writing this debt off. It's simple, do the job and give them a 14 day card that outlines your payment rules (provided they haven't paid that day), for those of you that wish to collect, simply add an additional 50p charge for every time you go

Out except the first. Once at 14 days send a letter and charge £1 for this, then 7 days later send another and charge and extra £1, making sure you are keeping clustie aware the money they owe are rising. Then a further 7 days later send then a final letter confirming another £1 charge and that the total amount will be now passed to debt collection agency and that they are now on "local services black list"

If nothing in 7 more days, send to debt collection for window price +£3 plus any journeys taken to collect.

Money is money regardless of the actual figure.

Dead right lifer, i bet if they were in a super market and got screwed out of 50p at the check out the whole shop and beyond would hear about it.

I use to let it go to 3 cleans but now stop at 1. Feed back from the customers was they prefer this than a debt racking up. Some just try out on and if I have to drop them after one clean then get paid and pick the house up again I do that. Softens the damage

yeh i remember a time i went to sainsburys with my daughter who was 4 at the time, i was checking out and she saw cream eggs, buy one get one free. she said can i av one and i said nooo not today but next time ok. behind my back she took a cream egg and put it in her pocket. halfway home she pulls out this cream egg and i said where did you get that i never paid for it. she said its ok dad i had the free egg. i said what free egg and she said it said free on the board. i went bk to sainsburys and gave them this egg back thinking they would say thanks it was the right thing to do and guess what they did. they called the bloody police on me and my kid over a poxy cream egg. i couldnt believe it, something that was 1.99. so just coz were window cleaners it dont mean ****, but these people think we do it out of fun and they can pay when they want. my customers always pay me on cash on the day or i demand online payment coz i aint driving about to get money and waste fuel. that means i make a loss in the end. tell them they gotta pay cash or online within 7 days or you will charge them £3 per week its late. that will get them moving to the bank. IF they dont pay you then there not worth having. i had a customer once who answered the door and said its snowing you cant clean windows, i said yes i can its not toxic or anything. when i was out her back i heard her drive off so she didnt have to pay me. i put a pre printed RED letter in her door a week later and no response. i emailed her last week saying she now owes me £6 for 2 weeks of late payments and within the hour i had my money and the £6 lol

You've contradicted yerself a bit there.

If they don't pay there not worth having. So you drop them & move on.

As for the cream egg that's ridiculous. I wouldn't shop there again

I did once find some post office parcel delivered but you Wernt in notes once & have written them out & put them through the door so off they poodle to the postie to pick up there non excistent parcel.

I've had a few non-payers. Here in Ireland it is rife, or so it seems.

I just walk away. Not worth the stress.

I have one at the moment who owes me 60 euro, but I can't get the money from her so I dropped her. She has since twice seen me cleaning neighbours' houses and called me over to clean her windows (and do other sundry small tasks that befits her personal slaves) and I have told her that I will once the money owed is in my hand.

She always promises to pay when I clean them, then somehow doesn't have the money when job done.

I'm out!

John

I've had a few non-payers. Here in Ireland it is rife, or so it seems.
I just walk away. Not worth the stress.

I have one at the moment who owes me 60 euro, but I can't get the money from her so I dropped her. She has since twice seen me cleaning neighbours' houses and called me over to clean her windows (and do other sundry small tasks that befits her personal slaves) and I have told her that I will once the money owed is in my hand.

She always promises to pay when I clean them, then somehow doesn't have the money when job done.

I'm out!

John
And you not Gona chase 60 euros or sell the debt to a debt agency?

I would and is black list her

Back