Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP work only

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

mossy

I'm very new to window cleaning and have trad tools as well as a WFP DI system and have learnt quickly it not as easy as it looks. I'm just trying to decide whether to use WFP all the time or a combination of both, I thought I read here somewhere before the some guys only do WFP, obviously still trad the inside though.

I am In Australia and it gets very hot in summer and have noticed when tradding at home the solution dries almost before you can get your squeegee on the glass! Thoughts?

I did upstairs only wfp to save water at first as I was working from a car and was limited as to how much water I could carry. As my confidence it the system grew and I found I was using less water to do the tops, I started doing a few downstairs windows with it. Any doubts my customers had soon seemed to evaporate so I started doing them all. I still use my trad tools occasionally but more often than not I don't even carry them on my person aside from a small squeegee for doing ledges.

My recommendation would be, as soon as you can switch everything you can over to wfp. Except insides of course.

I'm just trying to gain confidence using trad and WFP at the moment. Having problems with trad using razr rubber and WFP was spotting an awful lot but after reading here a bit more it seems 1st cleans I should have been rinsing a lot more and making sure the top of the frame isn't dripping which I have now tried at my house and it looks to have done a pretty good job. I might try and focus on WFP more now as the TDS here is under 50 so I should get a decent run out of my resin.

When your using your squeegee follow with the mop just below in your other hand, So as your soaping up your taking it off straight away, or try a Moerman Combinator, ive never used one but might help.

You could also look at Herman's videos. He is from eastern Australia. @H MAN

There were some cleaners working wfp in Cyprus on another forum. In the summer they needed to spray the windows to cool them before trying to wash them. If they didn't then the window would dry too quickly and be streaky.

If you use hot water on hot windows you will find the water won't evaporate as quickly as cold , I have no idear why but that's what happens probably someone will be able to give a scientific reason for this .

Latest Posts

Back