My Slx 35 Is Spinning!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Neil, Oct 17, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil

Neil Grand Master

When I was using it today it started spinning so I tightened up the clamp that I thought would sort the problem but didn't change anything, it keeps spinning and It looks like it has a sleeve inside that it slides out of does anyone know how or if it can be fixed ? I treat my poles with respect why does this have to happen

Advertisement
  2. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

wat clamps u got on slx neil old ones or new smart clamps ??

3. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Hello mate, I've got the new ones mate

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i thalt u could crank them clamps rite up im shore alex said they cant b over titend ide try twisting them more the clamp could b falty ive never used smart clamps only old ones im shore alex could shed some lite

5. Neil

Neil Grand Master

The thing is I did tighten it up and I could just pull the section out which is weird !

6. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

sounds like the clamp is nackerd m8 how old is the pole is it just one section spinning ?

7. Neil

Neil Grand Master

The pole is about 3months old, and it's just the one section if I can remember it was the 2nd section that is spinning

8. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

best thing to do m8 is pm alex an send pole bk he will sort it out pronto gardeners custmer service is ace, i never liked the clamps on my clx they spun an needed adjusting all the time so i went 4 a facelift an its bin spot on no spinning at all an very fast to use the slx is a cracking pole but the clamps let it down just my view tho my super max is the same luv the pole not keen on the clamps hope u get it sorted m8

9. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

To me it sounds like the clamp body has become unglued from the section. All you need is some strong epoxy glue from halfords or some other store.

Clean all the old glue off from the section and the inside of the clamp body and it will be good as new.

10. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

Hi Neil

It sounds like you have a clamp that has come loose. If you have a look at it can you pull the clamp upwards off the tube section?

Can you send me an email with your name and order number or date of purchase and we can look at this for you.

Advertisement