Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Caravan Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Guybrush

Hi guys,

I've had a phone call to clean someones static caravan on a very well to do site in the south. It turns out I will be the only one on site with potentially 200 caravans to clean. Most of the caravans are 6 berth and aluminium from what I can tell.

I have a couple of questions.

I have the prices for a 'first deep clean' and then a regular maintenance clean but was wondering what regularity to offer, every 6 or 12 weeks? 6 months? and at what point does it become a first clean?

Also what would be the best way to clean them? i'm WFP but I'm guessing ubik magic sponges bucket and clothes maybe? I don't have a pressure washer.

Thanks guys.

I do a few hundred caravans a year you will find that you will be asked to clean them no more than once a yea

Ok Mark in that case if there was anything in between the year it would be a maintenance price. Whats the best way of cleaning these Mark?

Nice job fella, came up a treat:thumbsup:

Why's that mate, do some scratch?
I read on another forum that some guy cleaned the Perspex on a roller door on an industrial unit and the owner accused him of scratching the window.

I read on another forum that some guy cleaned the Perspex on a roller door on an industrial unit and the owner accused him of scratching the window.
I hope he told him to jog on, perspex windows always have micro scratches, especially on industrial units where the perspex is abused over the years.

If you can get away with wfp them happy days. I suppose most people won't care or be aware that you could potentially be scratching the poo out of them.

Whenever I've cleaned caravans I've done them as if hey were a car and cleaned them safely by hand. However when I've done them it's more of a luxury service, full clean and wax, tyres dressed, glass cleaned and all the interior upholstery carpets cleaned etc.

Couldn't imagine doing that with a sponge and bucket would still be there now. Some people with more luxury static caravans have asked me to do theirs and I am worried about scratches now as so many people have said it.

Ok iv just received an email to quote a clean of one, power hose or wfp? Also how much did yous charge

You should never pressure wash a caravan static home it blows the joints.
Just asked my uncle who done his, he said TFR and he used a car wash brush and he said about 2 hours is plenty of time. Is £50 top cheap? He said a guy charges £40 in his site. The good thing is its 5 mins away from ne

Hi CHWS, for this static I charged 50 quid but I have a deal with this site and the woman who owns this one is the community/promoter on the site who I am friendly with. The way I see it is not to different from a conny roof clean accept you don't have the hassle of rinsing the glass and plus you can plug into there tap as every static has one. If It was a complete one off with only a small chance of getting a couple more I would charge a lot more. Caravan sites are normally a bit out the way so think of the time and petrol.

I didn't use a pressure washer as Andy says could damage or blow joints.

I would wonder why they don't use the £40. man, there will be a reason. Then sell your service, if you want £50 then sell it. Maybe he rushs or does a poor job because he's too cheap?

Tony

At least I'm lucky I'm by the sea lol, il maybe push to do it 2moro as the weathers good and I imagine plenty of caravannersto be down so hopefully will lead to a few more

ive only ever done a couple of 4 berth tourers at the customers home, only got those thru my car valeting site, i dont actually advertise for it.

I charged £150-£200 on those i did for a full valet, taking most of the day.

I would just price it the same as you do everthing else, if that 30 an hour or whatever then thats what it is.

I would wonder why they don't use the £40. man, there will be a reason. Then sell your service, if you want £50 then sell it. Maybe he rushs or does a poor job because he's too cheap?Tony
It's on a different site , I said to the girl through an email I'd imagine it to be between 40-50 and she said she was thinking 30-40. Typical townie...tight **** :finger:

Back