my system seems to have no power in it every morning

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by colinvansmith, Jun 9, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. I have a shurflo pump and controller from pure freedom. I have a realy switch fitted so the battery charges off the main battery. The problem is every morning when I try to switch my pump on its as if its dead, its like its drawing power somehow during the ***ht when the controller is turned off. I can't seem to get to the bottom of this problem I've checked and re-check all the wiring and its all fine, its so frustrating, can anyone shed some light on the situation.

Col :huh:

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I know you said you checked wiring but have you checked your relay is fitted correctly so It is charging the correct battery when needed. I am sure one of the guys here will be able to shed some light on this.

3. nearlyclean

Supplier

Have you check the battery it might not be getting enough charge and top up the with distilled water and charge up on a regular slow charger indoors

4. If the wiring is back to front then you may have all the charge going to the van battery.
    What sort of relay have you installed?
    It seems that somehow you do not have a split relay so you are just sapping all of the charge from your secondary battery and charging your main battery.
    This is what you need:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heavy-Duty-Relay-12v-180-100Amp-Ideal-split-charge-/400221348681?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d2f0d2349

Personally I tried this and because of the stop starting it was notcharging enough so now I use an RAC charger (£50) and charge on trickle every ***ht.

It is just preference.

Advertisement