My system stops!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Neil, Feb 1, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Working away doing a full day of windows at the end of the day last couple of windows my system stops!! I went back to the van and the digital controller was switched off, I went to turn it back on and the digital controller faintly came on then just turned off again! I have had a new battery fitted because this started happening on my old battery so thought it was that, when I start my engine it works fine but I don't want to leave my engine running ! The battery has been tested and there's full power and fully charged. Anyone know what this could be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

do you have your leasure battery connected to your main battery
    i had same problem my leasure battery was,int big enough got it changed hayho no problems

3. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Yep it's connected with a split relay, but I've had exactly the same battery before for 3 years with no problem that's what I don't get it

4. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

thats not so gd neil one off the top guns will be a long soon sure they can help you out

5. Neil

Neil Grand Master

I hope so it's sooo annoying

6. johnny bravo

i have 110 leisure battery, numax charger, extension lead from house, clip onto leisure battery fittings permanently connected to battery, charge up on a sunday, does me all week.
    i had visions of bringing battery into house to charge up, but this is easy and straight forward. keep it in an insulated cardboard box covered. bungeed.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sounds like to me Neil the only thing that has changed is your workload and the battery is not getting enough charge just from that split charger when you are running about. I would suggest that you may need to bench charge the battery in future as I know you have taken on alot more big jobs on recently.

8. johnny bravo

if theres any problems you dont have too much to figure where problem would be, coming from.
    leisure battery+ controller+pump. all working togeather

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Neil, you say the battery has been tested and is fully charged. Who/where did you get that info from? Sounds like just running around is not giving it enough charge through your split relay. I have a charging system in-built in my controller, I still top the battery up by charging it a couple of times a week.

10. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Window Cleaning Rayleigh Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that runs my system purely off my main van battery, have done it like this for 4 years and never had a prob!

Advertisement