My water is reading at 260ppm and I've ordered a vessel to make pure water,is this possible

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Legend, Apr 11, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Legend

Legend Member

Can anyone give advice please

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Welcome Legend, you will need RO with TDS that high. I know nothing about RO, spruce or Smurf will be along to advise soon.

3. spruce

spruce Grand Master

What do you mean by a 'vessel'?

How much water do you want to make? Have you any place to store it? Are you on a water meter? Have you done this (wfp) before? Have you got a van?

Basically we need to know a little more about what you want now and where you see yourself in the next 3 or 4 years.

4. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

A di vessel will purify the water no matter how high your tap ppm is,the higher the ppm the faster it uses up your resin!
    It's all down to cost a ro and di vessel is by far the cheaper option with your reading
    If your not using a lot of water maybe you could use di only or twin di and wait till you save enough capital to do it properly,by that I mean a good ro system and holding tank maybe a booster pump!some rush into buying a cheap ro etc only months down line to be upgrading!
    When I first started purifying water I had a friend who lived in a village 5 mile away and his tap was 87 mine was 200 so I used to fill my van there for beer tokens!
    So check with family friends etc
    Also consider rainwater harvesting because if done right you can get readings as low as 2ppm
    On a rainy day I can fill a 400l tank at my home but at my dads unit were I have 6 ibc tanks I can fill them in a day

5. Posh

Posh Hero

My water is 275. Before I got a ro I used just 2 di vessels (4.5 litres = 9 litres) to make my pure. Yes it works but you have to trickle the water out of the di very slowly. It's a slow process. I at the time was only using about 50 litres a week so wasn't to bad but it used to take me a whole day to make about 200 litres. It can be done but is slow. If you plan to use just a small amount a week it's fine but if yer going the whole wfp hog no chance.

6. Aqua

Aqua Member

my water is always over 300 sometimes over 350 and with my 40/40 ro I can get it down to 17 to 19. I reckon it takes around 10 to 12 hours to produce 1000 ltrs of pure.

7. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Why take all day? I fill my 250 tank in about 20 mins from twin d.i

8. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

You must whack that through full pressure lol
    Apparently the slower the water passes through resin it lasts a lot longer I'm not sure this is true or a myth but I put it through slowly
    I fill 100 litre in about 1hour

9. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

lol yes i do, i dont have a tap where i live so i use my parents so havent got time to do it any slower, but thats interesting when i move home in a few weeks i will experiment with slower before i consider an RO

10. Posh

Posh Hero

That's some going
    My di is only 4.5 litres so 2 of them is only 9 litres.
    If I go full pressure I don't get no where near 000ppm. You must go through a lot of resin or have a big di??? But fair play to yer.

Advertisement